Watches

Dusty Chalk

Had my JLC Master Ultra thin sent to be serviced in July, and while that was being done thought I'd have a JLC SS bracelet fitted.

I was told it could take up to October before everything was done, but I'm pleased I received it today and it looks brand new, although the bracelet is.

Now I was happy with the brown leather strap that was originally on my JLC, but much prefer the look of their bracelet, and it looks even better in real life.

This SS bracelet does make the watch heavier, but it's still extremely comfortable.

Anyway for comparison the first photo is of a master UT ( not mine ) with a brown strap, and others of my JLC with that bracelet.?

IMG_2387.thumb.PNG.f28bfe6e578b092cbe1bb9915752fce3.PNGIMG_2542.thumb.JPG.e8165bd2a738d88d926f5066ccc7ebbc.JPGIMG_2537.thumb.JPG.7a60f69ae8e6d1c5721b5f5305272685.JPGIMG_2544.thumb.JPG.89335bc0f4605e388f8c3288c307deb3.JPG

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

Like the look. It jazzes up the fairly austere (not that that's a bad thing) dial.

Key for me with those sort of bracelets is does it grab/pull your arm hairs? If so I usually find myself gravitating back to a strap.

I have some hair on my arms, but not enough to be catching in the bracelet, or at least it hasn't yet.

As I mentioned the watch with the bracelet is heavier than with the strap, but is just as comfortable.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:17 PM, EdipisReks1 said:

I hope you're okay Hemi-Sam, because a watch made just for you has been announced, and I want to see it on your wrist. 

Just seeing this, ER. Thank you for thinking of us!

We are very fortunate.  Very much so.  The rains came hard and I literally swept water off my porch to keep it out of our home until 2am one night.  Hours of sweeping and then finally the hardware store opened and I was able to acquire a sump pump.  Dug a hole in the yard, placed it in a bucket, plumbed pool tubing and some plumbing fixtures...viola.  Within minutes my yard was dry.  Directly in front of us the toll way is under water up to the cross over bridge / road.  So many heroic efforts.  We are blessed.

That's a sexy time piece.  I might just have to bring one home...

Cheers,

Sam 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my GMT has started running -20 sec/day.  It was running -2, previously..  It's not magnetized (I had it demagnetized at a local jeweler I trust, who has a real demagnetizer, and not the $20 Chinese one I have), and it hasn't been knocked, or dropped, or abused in any other way.  I guess it goes back to California.  The service was warrantied, and I'm absolutely sure it will be taken care of, but I'm having some bad watch luck, of late.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Although I opted for a JLC SS bracelet fitted to the JLC Master Ultra thin, I couldn't get used to the fit, it was either too loose or too tight after having a link removed, and was told there are no half links available for that bracelet.

So I've used that Master as part exchange for a JLC Reverso Grande Ultra thin ( Manual wind ) shown in the photo.

Should  be receiving that Reverso either Friday or Saturday.

IMG_3067.thumb.PNG.18deae4ddb2dd4dc147b0a9b2b3eb61f.PNG

Edited by Dave R
  • Like 2

Nice!  I adore mine.  If you are interested in a Horween Shell strap for it, I'd be happy to put you in touch with my strap guy. I wear it on the black croc strap at formal events, but I find the Shell strap to make it an anytime watch.  A rather rakish anytime watch. :)

Anyway, congrats!

Edited by EdipisReks1

48 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Nice!  I adore mine.  If you are interested in a Horween Shell strap for it, I'd be happy to put you in touch with my strap guy. I wear it on the black croc strap at formal events, but I find the Shell strap to make it an anytime watch.  A rather rakish anytime watch. :)

Anyway, congrats!

Thanks for that Reks, but when that Reverso needs a new strap I'll be getting a JLC with a deployant clasp.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Torpedo said:

Really wonderful, Dave. One of my favourite watches. Maybe one of these days... :)

Thanks Torpedo. It is a very nice watch and I'm pleased I got it, but if I hadn't got that metal bracelet for that Master Ultra thin, I'd have kept that watch. 

Although I've now got that Reverso Grande Ultra thin, I still plan on getting a Reverso Tribute 1931?

1 hour ago, Dave R said:

Thanks Torpedo. It is a very nice watch and I'm pleased I got it, but if I hadn't got that metal bracelet for that Master Ultra thin, I'd have kept that watch. 

Although I've now got that Reverso Grande Ultra thin, I still plan on getting a Reverso Tribute 1931?

That's a cool one too :D I like the Master Ultra thin, but the Reversos better.

1 hour ago, EdipisReks1 said:

I think you have a '67-or-so Speedy to buy first.

Not sure, hopefully both... :rofl: