Watches

Dusty Chalk

4 hours ago, bjarnetv said:

you need to get a toolish watch that looks better with a bit of wear and tear - that citizen is gonna get scratchy real fast! 
DSCN6171.thumb.jpg.df573363c8b51f3997ed26bbafefe448.jpg

or just accept that all watches get scratched up and dinged in the end, just like our poor souls... (sobbing)

DSCN6176.thumb.jpg.95d0af99be5e90da3803c88495be1ad8.jpg

That is a good looking chronograph and I like how you paired it with the brown strap.  Sinn does not appear to offer that vintage style strap with the holes currently although it may be as simple as a request of them.

It appears a bit largish for my wrist but that seems to be the style these days.

The souls comment while I'm drinking my coffee on a Saturday morning after sipping my tequila last night...that made me smile!

HS

15 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

That is a good looking chronograph and I like how you paired it with the brown strap.  Sinn does not appear to offer that vintage style strap with the holes currently although it may be as simple as a request of them.

It appears a bit largish for my wrist but that seems to be the style these days.

The souls comment while I'm drinking my coffee on a Saturday morning after sipping my tequila last night...that made me smile!

HS

Yeah, the sinn is pretty nice, but i must admit it is starting to feel a bit to large for me too, as its quite barrel shaped, and not quite as wrist hugging as the GS (though both are 40mm).

As i am a "one watch man" at heart, i am considering getting rid of it, as i usually just wear the GS anyway.
strap is a Heuerville strap and its pretty great - didn't like the stock "vintage" leather strap that came with the watch.

as for yesterdays tequila... i know how that feels all to well :lol:

56 minutes ago, bjarnetv said:

Yeah, the sinn is pretty nice, but i must admit it is starting to feel a bit to large for me too, as its quite barrel shaped, and not quite as wrist hugging as the GS (though both are 40mm).

As i am a "one watch man" at heart, i am considering getting rid of it, as i usually just wear the GS anyway.
strap is a Heuerville strap and its pretty great - didn't like the stock "vintage" leather strap that came with the watch.

as for yesterdays tequila... i know how that feels all to well :lol:

LOL.  I'm too old to drink anything but good tequila these days.  Only drink it on Fridays...blow off steam after long work weeks.  Mostly I sip good rum and I'm particularly smitten with my current daily.

It's interesting that you point out a one-watch approach.  I think that's easier to pull off with a stainless watch, like your GS, and I could see me perhaps getting there with something like the Daytona.

I'm trying to be strong and avoid going down the rabbit hole with watches as I tend to do with most things I take a liking to.  Very binary I be...

HS

wake up man, its frikkin 2018! 

The 60s were like... 40 years ago, and those watches never even went to space since we didnt have the technology until a few days ago thanks to nicolas tesla!

its-a-conspiracy.jpg.2dd39fc742f43694e8d26d993a0ed9fd.jpg

But seriously, in my opinion a true toolwatch is a watch that you can afford to roughen up and actually use - both monetarily and emotionally.

A rolex deepsea might be designed as a toolwatch, but i doubt most people would use it as one due to the horrific loss of value from a proper ding or scratch.

No offense though, its just a pet peeve of mine that so many people have their drawers full of proper toolwatches, but put on their sacrificial Seiko SKX when actually having to do something that might endanger the watch even slightly.

I know, I was just joking.  This is a day-to-day watch, so I want it to look dressy.  I'd say that my Bulova Lunar Pilot watches are my real beaters.

Anyway, my issue isn't that the watches will get scratched (I'm mister "Just wear the watch, things get scratched"), it's that a 50 year old Rolex or Omega costs a fucking fortune to service, and they aren't very shock resistant.

Edited by EdipisReks1

A mate of mine is a golf pro and a solid plus handicap and tested himself on a radar launch monitor hitting a dozen or so drives with and without his Submariner on. Wearing the watch cost him an average of just over 1 mph of club head speed, which translated to about 3.5 yards of carry. So there's that, too. ;)

Have my eye on a Lange chrono at the moment. More it it actually transpires.

:ph34r:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

You know, I don't really like either.  I do really like the new 39mm Black Bay by Tudor. I had been thinking about picking up the Rado 37mm vintage-styled Captain Cook. The Tudor is less than twice as much, and seems to be more than twice the watch, and looks at least as good.

Edited by EdipisReks1

• 1 month later...

I now have a 7 inch wrist.  It's nice not having to worry about strap lengths. I need a new custom for my Reverso, though. The watch in the photo is the Bulova Lunar in black on a Toxic NATO.  The Toxic NATOS are ALMOST as nice as the Omega NATOs. Not quite.  The Omega ones are worth it.

Pic 2.jpg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 3