Watches

Dusty Chalk

2 hours ago, Rossliew said:

Ahh so you prefered the white dial one. The Omega is nice but for the price, i'd rather pick a Rolex. I do have trouble differentiating all the different Speedmasters and FOIS, Speedy Tuesday, etc etc..they all look the same to me haha

I understand where you're coming from.  

They are very different to me.  Obviously I chose the Rolex first...the silvery white needs to be seen in person IMO.  Nothing like the polar white on the other models. nI very much like the mechanical nature of the Speedmaster in its appearance.  There's a lot going on with the face, but it's all business.  Retro yet not.  I'll own one.  Just a matter of which one and when.  I do like the size of the FOIS very much...less than 39mm.  42mm is too big for me.

HS

No if I did a speedy it would be the standard moon watch on a bracelet. A friend just got the dark side of the moon. It's a really nice piece, but ceramics are just not my thing.

What I am currently waffling about either the jlc reverso 1931 or a rose gold and diamond omega constellation to match the one I got my wife. 

I would buy the 1931 in a second if it was SS which in principal I think all reverso should be..

Wife keeps bitching she needs to know what to get me for our anniversary so I'll have to work that out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

I understand where you're coming from.  

They are very different to me.  Obviously I chose the Rolex first...the silvery white needs to be seen in person IMO.  Nothing like the polar white on the other models. nI very much like the mechanical nature of the Speedmaster in its appearance.  There's a lot going on with the face, but it's all business.  Retro yet not.  I'll own one.  Just a matter of which one and when.  I do like the size of the FOIS very much...less than 39mm.  42mm is too big for me.

HS

There's a couple of pre-loved moonwatches for sale (even a FOIS one) at the local forums here in Malaysia. All within budget but the only one catching my attention is a broad arrow hand re-issue on stainless steel bezel. Love the broad arrow type hand versus the matchstick ones..

2 minutes ago, SeaWolf said:

No if I did a speedy it would be the standard moon watch on a bracelet. A friend just got the dark side of the moon. It's a really nice piece, but ceramics are just not my thing.

What I am currently waffling about either the jlc reverso 1931 or a rose gold and diamond omega constellation to match the one I got my wife. 

I would buy the 1931 in a second if it was SS which in principal I think all reverso should be..

Wife keeps bitching she needs to know what to get me for our anniversary so I'll have to work that out.

You have a good problem there, my friend! The dark side of the moon is pretty cool. Love the meteorite dial more. As mentioned above, i'm looking at a pre-loved broad arrow hand re-issue model. SS bezel.

Or maybe a basic Rolex like the one HS purchased...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rossliew said:

There's a couple of pre-loved moonwatches for sale (even a FOIS one) at the local forums here in Malaysia. All within budget but the only one catching my attention is a broad arrow hand re-issue on stainless steel bezel. Love the broad arrow type hand versus the matchstick ones..

You have a good problem there, my friend! The dark side of the moon is pretty cool. Love the meteorite dial more. As mentioned above, i'm looking at a pre-loved broad arrow hand re-issue model. SS bezel.

Or maybe a basic Rolex like the one HS purchased...

Good stuff.  You have a pic of the broad arrow you like?

HS

39 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Good stuff.  You have a pic of the broad arrow you like?

HS

https://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=19830.0

Somehow the pic doesn't come out on my office PC..but you can check it out from the link above.

Here's another one, seen below :

3eef43b2bfaf942ce3dc01744414bc77.jpg

Edited by Rossliew
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My mother wanted my dad's watch back ("back" being relative: she handed me my dad's watch about an hour after the event, when I made it to the hospital, before he had even been transferred to the ICU), and offered me a price that I was willing to take, knowing that I'll get the watch back, so I think I'm about to buy this:

IMG_1329.jpg

Edited by EdipisReks1

It wears big, very big, because of its height. Other watches of the same diameter wear much smaller, not unrelated the pearl only lasted 6 months before I knocked it of reaching into a drawer. It is also very heavy, you will never forget that you have it on.

Honestly I've had it about 5 years, on reflection the normal sea dweller or a no date sub is a smarter purchase. 

• Like 1

It's growing on me (I've had it for almost exactly 3 hours, now).  It's certainly a much dressier watch than the 1675, but also a little undercover.  Though I suppose most people will think it's a Sub, even with the fourth hand and the 24 hour bezel. It's really neat how the ceramic bezel changes color with the light, though.

IMG_0085.jpeg

• Like 5