Watches

Dusty Chalk

Not a great picture, but

f210c185f164c8d67cda090ad8ba0bf5.jpg

Also, any info on how to remove bracelet marks common to getting during typing on my MacBook? It’s a brushed bracelet on a Grand Seiko. I figured a video and a product link would work. The bracelet was recently serviced (Seiko USA Service Center did a great job, in fact they have a second Grand Seiko of mine now) and just a few light marks.

(The strap is from the Moonwatch big box set - all-Black with Stainless hardware, no fabric keepers)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

Not a great picture, but

f210c185f164c8d67cda090ad8ba0bf5.jpg

Also, any info on how to remove bracelet marks common to getting during typing on my MacBook? It’s a brushed bracelet on a Grand Seiko. I figured a video and a product link would work. The bracelet was recently serviced (Seiko USA Service Center did a great job, in fact they have a second Grand Seiko of mine now) and just a few light marks.

(The strap is from the Moonwatch big box set - all-Black with Stainless hardware, no fabric keepers)

Slide a green ScotchBrite pad along the grain a few times (some people use a grey one).

If I'm going to have a modern GMT Master (and it has really grown on me over the course of the day), I figured I might as well have a modern Speedy.  An unworn 311.30.42.30.01.005 (boy, that's easy to remember) arrives tomorrow.  Quite a good price from DavidSW.  I figured I'd get the newest, but I wanted the Hesalite crystal.  It appears that this comes with two NATOs.  If anybody wants an Omega NATO (assuming that both included straps are Omega), I'd be happy to sell one (or both) for a good price. I would wear this on my grey and black NATO.

IMG_2573.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Torpedo said:

Once you've been wearing it for a while let us know if you like it better or not than your other moonwatch. And let me know about the NATO strap. It could fit some of my watches.

Absolutely on both regards!

3 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

You're making some excellent decisions of late. 

:lol:

I do have some taste. ;)

The packaging for this Speedy is beyond absurd.  I'll document it, if I get my table cleaned up some day soon.  The screws on the bracelet are either over-torqued or had too much locktite applied.  This is a brand new watch, and apparently this isn't uncommon.  I'll take it to an AD, where I bet they just swap the bracelet.

Otherwise, it wears pretty much just like the vintage one.  A little shinier, a more curved crystal (I polished a ding out of mine), and I doubt any friends would notice that it's different.

IMG_0087.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

Know I said earlier that I didn't love Speedies,  but that looks great. Enjoy!

It looks like every other Speedy, including my other one!  Thanks though. I have it on the grey and black NATO, now. Wow the NATO strap is so much nicer on a 6.5 inch wrist than on an 8 inch wrist. It actually fits and adjusts correctly, on my wrist now, so it lays much flatter at the lugs. 

24 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

Any recommendations on a specific US Omega Service Center (there are a number listed on their website) and sending direct versus hitting up my closest boutique and going through them?

What do you need done?

56 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Beautiful Speedy, ER!  I came very close to buying the 39.7mm "First Omega in Space".  Mixed feelings about the band and decided to exercise some self restraint for once.  I'll own one.

Your Speedy is 42mm?

HS

Yes, it’s a 42. This one is basically the same as my pre-moon. The new Rolex GMT, at 40, actually seems larger, due to the lugs and crown and crown guards. Omega hasn’t really changed the dimensions on the Professional, though the bracelet is much more substantial. Most of the other Speedies are larger. I’d love a FOiS. That is an awesome watch. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Oh, way thinner.  It is about 6.5-6.75 (depending on temperature and activity level) these days.  A "regular" strap is a little too long, now. 

I asked because on the pic the Speedy is fitting your wrist more or less like it would fit mine. On other pics of yours the watch seemed smaller :D

No disagreement from me on the watch. Someday I hope to own an ALS, although probably not that one as it's well North of $100,000!

Watchfinder the company was the biggest used/grey market watch dealer in the UK, with a couple of showrooms in London and elsewhere. Their main advantage was you could actually go in to see their watches in the metal and try them on, versus the Internet dealers where you were trying to judge condition etc. from photographs. Flip side was that they were considerably more expensive. Anyway, they were recently bought out by Richemont, one of the largest luxury conglomerates in the world and the owners of A. Lange & Söhne, Baume & Mercier, Cartier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Montblanc, Panerai, Piaget, Roger Dubuis and Vacheron Constantin.

The deal was seen as an acknowledgement by the primary luxury watch manufacturers of the growing importance of the secondary market (and an intention to get a piece of it, thus gaining some control over the channel). It also opens up some interesting opportunities for cross-promotion, as (likely) seen above.

;)

• Like 1

Thanks. Didn´t know this and it really makes a lot of sense, especially in price regulation (and appreciation) of used watches.

Anywho, the channel did a lot of videos praising Rolex and Tudor, and AFAIK they are not part of the Richemont conglomerate. Seems like it is going to get scarce soon.

I've seen their videos before.  Hop covered something I had read recently which is quite interesting.  They paid real money for the company from what I recall.

Nice watch but a wee bit above what I'd be comfortable paying...LOL.

HS

edit:  wee as in little not a wiz :D

Edited by HemiSam