Watches

Dusty Chalk

My mother wants to buy me a Cartier Santos, this coming weekend, apparently.  She bought herself a medium (along with a Tank A), and wants a matching watch with me (which she already has, as we now both have and wear Rolex GMT Masters and Speedmasters, but whatever).  I'm not going to complain.  I dunno if I'll choose the medium or the small.  I go to try them on tomorrow after work.  I'll take my GMT and my Reverso, to help me decide.  I feel like I'm right in between.  The bold choice would be the medium.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

My mother wants to buy me a Cartier Santos, this coming weekend, apparently.  She bought herself a medium (along with a Tank A), and wants a matching watch with me (which she already has, as we now both have and wear Rolex GMT Masters and Speedmasters, but whatever).  I'm not going to complain.  I dunno if I'll choose the medium or the small.  I go to try them on tomorrow after work.  I'll take my GMT and my Reverso, to help me decide.  I feel like I'm right in between.  The bold choice would be the medium.

Good stuff.

You mean the medium vs the large?

HS

4 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Yes, the medium or the large.  Brain fart. 

I understand why you're in the middle.  Both will look great especially compared to the XL which I just don't get at all.

Shoot some pics of each.  My gut tells me the L will be the sweet spot.  Looks really nice with a tan leather band.

HS

Pics will be forthcoming.  I think I'll probably do the medium, but I haven't had the large on my wrist.  The Medium has more surface area than my reverse, but the Grande Reverso is nearly as tall as the large Santos.  I'll likely give the Reverso to Colie after I get the Santos, so I have to really think about it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Well, you saved mom a few bucks :)

HS

I think I'm going to call in the morning and get the large, instead. ?

I haven't worn anything but this new GMT Master since i got it.  It feels like part of my body.  I haven't even taken it off to shower.  I don't even like this watch, but I love it. It's a much, much nicer watch than a 1675.  It might be a "one watch" watch.  Too bad I have a lot of watches.  

IMG_0103.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

* Narrator's voice *

"It was not."

;)

(Actually I don't know. Maybe. You decide, it's yours.)

I honestly like having a date window.  I did try it on, and it wore about like this GMT Master, to be honest.  It wasn't too big.  I feel like the medium also wasn't too small.  It was a hard choice.

15 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

I honestly like having a date window.  I did try it on, and it wore about like this GMT Master, to be honest.  It wasn't too big.  I feel like the medium also wasn't too small.  It was a hard choice.

Reminded of a comment in YoutubeAwesome piece but the thing we need is the DAY. Unlike peasants who have to go to work, we gentlemen of leisure forget which day of the week it is. Rolex knows this, and Moser too should as its not a peasant brand.

And most certainly Cartier.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 12:14 AM, EdipisReks1 said:

I think I'm going to call in the morning and get the large, instead. ?

I haven't worn anything but this new GMT Master since i got it.  It feels like part of my body.  I haven't even taken it off to shower.  I don't even like this watch, but I love it. It's a much, much nicer watch than a 1675.  It might be a "one watch" watch.  Too bad I have a lot of watches.  

IMG_0103.jpeg

I have not worn anything other than my oyster perpetual either. Love the simplicity and craftsmanship of the thing. Weight is good...perhaps a bit heavy but not bad.  

HS

• Like 1

Decided to sell my 116610LV (Green Sub) because I don’t wear it much. Got $1000 more than I paid for it brand new last year, which was nice! Thank you Rolex for restricting supply of all the steel sports models.

Am using the funds for a 1969 yellow gold 1803 Day-Date for my wife’s 50th next year. Yup, birth year watch time, roast me ...

• Like 8

I think the large Santos was the right decision. The Santos is gorgeous, and is extremely comfortable (I was able to size it just right).  The strap might even be vegetable tanned, but I can't figure out how to get the deployant buckle on (it was not installed from the jeweler).  The bracelet is what I'll wear it on, but I'll stop by after my move, next week.  My mother also gave me back my dad's watch. 

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

• Like 6