Watches

Dusty Chalk

3 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

Mom is the real hero here! Buys old watch, thereby financing new watch. Buys another new watch just because. Gives back old watch.

?

I certainly wasn't expecting it! I also don't have any real way of letting her know how appreciative I am of it, as it's very, very difficult to give her a thank you that she will accept as adequate.  I tried my best.

Sports watches.  Nothing small, thin or dressy and only in stainless, titanium, platinum or white gold.  I have most of the Rolexes, maybe just need a Daytona.  I would like to try some of the interesting Bremont, an IWC Big Pilot, VC Overseas Chrono, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape, etc., etc.

8 hours ago, VPI said:

Sports watches.  Nothing small, thin or dressy and only in stainless, titanium, platinum or white gold.  I have most of the Rolexes, maybe just need a Daytona.  I would like to try some of the interesting Bremont, an IWC Big Pilot, VC Overseas Chrono, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape, etc., etc.

The Bathyscape looks interesting, particularly as it’s 38mm.  You thinking the black (grayish) or blue version?  The IWC is also a handsome looking watch IMO.

HS

11 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

I like your second recommendation, ER...the Drive de Cartier.  Have for a few years now.  I think it’s just a bit too large for me, though.  Almost bought one a while back.

HS

6 minutes ago, VPI said:

Blue.  I had a Fifty Fathoms at one point that I really liked.  

The blue sunburst dial looks very nice, VPI.  I like that they didn’t put a blue band on it.  I find that’s overkill for my tastes generally speaking.

Hodinkee did a nice review on the watch you may have seen.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/blancpain-fifty-fathoms-bathyscaphe-38mm-hands-on

HS

Omega Seamaster AT 150m? List is $5500 but you can definitely get them for at least 10% off.

soldier-22010412101001.thumb.png.6121c833d1495c8454d8b14c83590a22.png

The Heuer reissues are also pretty nice if you want a chrono. Same price point.

1139284709_CBE2110.BA0687resize_0.thumb.png.9ebd81cfdcb9207084898513aac22694.png

New Tudor GMT is great value at $3900.

m79830rb-0001.thumb.png.4d1dcbd8acced588dac6423184f79c20.png

Or the Tudor Pelagos at $4400 if you want more of a chunky dive watch. Titanium case & bracelet to keep the weight down, which is nice.

m25600tn-0001.png

Lots of good options. Or just * whispers * get a Speedmaster.

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Like 1