Watches

Dusty Chalk

Beautiful watch, Dave.  You'll be happy.  The fit, finish and comfort is absolutely top notch.

Rossliew - you can't go wrong.  The rhodium is very classy IMO.  Here is a pic...I believe it is a 36mm.
I did learn a lot by going to a dealer and seeing the watch and the varying dial colors "in the metal".  Helped me select the one that was most to my taste. 

I fell in lust with the silvery newer white dial so that is what I bought.  I had to wait longer than I would have expected for my choice to arrive (I believe it was 6 weeks from when ordered at their "boutique"), but in the end I got exactly what I wanted and I am happy with the purchase.  They tossed in a Wolf winder in Rolex green as a nice "gift".

HS

rhodium dial.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, HS. Your pics sure make them look better than what I saw at the dealership. My preferred model would be the Explorer II but way out of my budget. The OP is simplistic in design but those blue markers against a grey dial create an entrancing contrast to my eyes. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Beautiful watch, Dave.  You'll be happy.  The fit, finish and comfort is absolutely top notch.

Thanks Sam, and I’m pleased to say I have that Rolex, which happy with, however even though its bracelet is quite comfortable, I still prefer leather straps, not only do I find straps feel better than bracelets, they look better too.

Another thing I’m not so keen about bracelets is when the wrist is warm the fit is perfect, but when cold it becomes loose, therefore I think I’ll get that strap in the photo which is Horween Cordovan leather.

7330E23C-3F8B-4C8E-ACE4-13CE46000E6B.thumb.jpeg.4e26b36d0ac068d3edc511fb525f8443.jpeg

I’ll be finding about end links to use with that strap, but even if none are available for an OP 39, I I’ll still order that strap.

9B7F3851-4CC3-42F1-A8BD-A20D08D8054A.thumb.jpeg.3ad785e0e77e8295c59c9162028d8e57.jpegB55003DE-EB36-441C-931B-BDE53950CE82.thumb.jpeg.c3cda95a33e8bfa4e3efaba2b26129a2.jpeg3190AF5C-54C7-452C-9F7F-54FBFF91754B.thumb.jpeg.b4e6affef3cdad9931b318c72944d9ea.jpeg

• Like 4

BTW, Dave: strap end-links that fit the 16570 Explorer 2 should fit that case just fine.  I had a pair for my 16570, so I know they exist (I got that set off rolexforums.com). Anyway, that watch is a beauty: I dunno if there is a better two watch collection than the Saxonia thin and a Perpetual. That dial would be my choice, too,  I think.  My GMT 2 says "hi." :)

IMG_0588.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

I found that a company called Officialtime do 904 stainless steel end links for some Rolex watches Reks, but didn’t see any for Oyster Perpetual, so I got in contact with them via eBay and their reply was that they can provide the right end links for an OP39, to which I asked how I go about ordering, but I’ve yet to receive a reply, that was only last night so there’s plenty of time for them to do that.

Here are two of the same or similar photo but at a different focus of their AK end link, which I believe is for a Daytona.

3A204E64-1227-43FC-9C36-C04172B67758.thumb.jpeg.770cfe7cbcad9f156f4aabfbf43c68d5.jpeg900EFDDA-F1FC-4E97-94C4-A0A2B2403AD3.thumb.jpeg.53c8671321908bbaddc37d9c40095361.jpeg

• Like 1

How big of a dork am I that I put on my pre-moon in preparation for watching First Man? Mr. Armstrong presented me with my Eagle Scout badge; I'm very interested in seeing how the portrayal is, having actually met the man. I wish I had been able to see this in the theater, but at least I can watch it on large projection screen!IMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.ad4c2a0bb503143542ab3b77bd110cc3.jpeg

• Like 3

Was able to order 904L AK end links after contacting Officialtime via eBay, I asked if they could do a pair for Oyster Perpetual 39mm 20mm lugs, to which they said yes.

All I needed to do was order their Rolex Yacht Master end links then add a message saying for OP 114300, should be receiving them in a couple days.

I’ve also ordered that Horween Shell Cordovan leather strap, but this one’s from a guy in Russia. I’ve already had him make me two different straps, one for the GSQ and the other for my Saxonia, after selling that GSQ though I’m keeping one as spare for the Saxonia with them both being 19mm wide. Both the straps from the Russian guy are very nice, and so much better than that strap I got from someone in the UK, which is why I’ve ordered a third from Russia, this Russian guy also does straps to any wrist size.

I’ve asked for a brushed silver buckle, and with the Rolex OP’s dial being dark rhodium, I went for dark grey stitching, this new strap though may take around two weeks to be done.

Edited by Dave R

Cozy Speedy family. I'm taking a break from Apple Watches.  This Speedy goes better with Japanese selvedge work shirts than any smart watch would. IMG_0638.thumb.jpeg.80af5f88bca5d93dd7bcf2961fa66793.jpeg

Hodinkee navy Horween shell strap with a 60s vintage Omega buckle. I wear the pre-moon on its bracelet mostly. It's nice having a second Speedy, for strap wear. And this is why I like 20/16 straps, as it let's me wear vintage buckles.

IMG_0641.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

I have to say the GMT II looks very nice also in Batman livery.  I got to sport one recently and I prefer the Oyster bracelet over the newly released Jubilee bracelet combo.

It'll be interesting to see if my tastes, particularly in colors...more bold or where I am now, shift when I retire and I no longer think about office garb.  

Rolex's releases for 2019 seemed a bit underwhelming to me.  More a mix and match than anything new IMO.

HS

3 hours ago, HemiSam said:

I have to say the GMT II looks very nice also in Batman livery.  I got to sport one recently and I prefer the Oyster bracelet over the newly released Jubilee bracelet combo.

It'll be interesting to see if my tastes, particularly in colors...more bold or where I am now, shift when I retire and I no longer think about office garb.  

Rolex's releases for 2019 seemed a bit underwhelming to me.  More a mix and match than anything new IMO.

HS

Did you see the meteor dial white gold Pepsi?