Watches

Dusty Chalk

20 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Nice bracelet, ER.  Give us a few more shots of it if you don’t mind including side and clasp.

I like the jacket.  What exactly does made to measure mean?  I’m thinking they tailor an off the rack jacket, but I honestly don’t know.

HS

It's somewhere between bespoke and tailored.  They use pre-sized blanks but then customize the whole thing for you. I got a great price, thanks to a promo code (I ordered 8 weeks ago, I think). The bracelet is a Paloma Picasso Tiffany "Infinity" in sterling and yellow gold. I really like it, and it will work great for me until I can afford a Juste un clou.

IMG_0110.jpeg

4 hours ago, HiWire said:

I'm looking at something fresh for the remainder of the summer:

SUOK711_sa000_nvz.jpgSUOK711_sa200_nvz.jpg

I think it looks great!

My order for the Reverso 1931 was delivered today, and I love it.

Not only is it very nice looking, imo, it’s also extremely comfortable, and although it’s 8 years old it looks brand new.

The only slight niggle I have, is with it being used the previous owner(s) had the flip side engraved seen in the photo which I’m not that keen of, other than that I couldn’t be happier.

1971AA54-DB50-4364-B92D-E9EA1475812D.thumb.jpeg.f8d1eba9985c3e48681ec06412ec003d.jpeg

For now I’m going to enjoy the JLC as is, plus I don’t have to look at the flip side, but I’m going to enquire via the place where I bought it, on whether that could be done in the photo below which allows the movement to be seen.

050137A5-2613-4AB4-8437-02094E93340E.thumb.jpeg.3589e39990be0eac122b0c713985b1d1.jpeg

Another thing I like about this Reverso, is it looks very different to the Saxonia, apart from it having a black alligator strap and similar coloured metal.

3F73B352-CDF8-40FE-8FEC-920778DD4F6F.thumb.jpeg.ce30a36dca7c6ba92f9eae6c9a320203.jpeg

Just 4 more photos. ?

7E245BF2-DD6F-4EF4-B2E5-C01A147B07A8.thumb.jpeg.c7feb5c661c8e4a60d80c8869d0a66c2.jpegAEC3EBF0-9AF1-43FA-BD64-621614E83AAC.thumb.jpeg.1b45854267d1b17b60a31121139da425.jpeg8B501D1C-84B2-4CAD-837C-645A4A388D8E.thumb.jpeg.af08bc70a5c9b0de0d18438d27bd91a4.jpeg46ED273C-18BC-4A50-BDCB-126F73C54E01.thumb.jpeg.e3688a8d30525d7ae03f4cb2f5e25846.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

It's somewhere between bespoke and tailored.  They use pre-sized blanks but then customize the whole thing for you. I got a great price, thanks to a promo code (I ordered 8 weeks ago, I think). The bracelet is a Paloma Picasso Tiffany "Infinity" in sterling and yellow gold. I really like it, and it will work great for me until I can afford a Juste un clou.

IMG_0110.jpeg

I think it looks great!

Thanks, ER.  

I probably need to look into something similar one of these days.  I'm a 40L, but my lower half is pretty damn flat / relatively thin.  Pants are always baggy.  I try to by a certain cut of the Hart Schaffner Marx and then get it tailored...perhaps a New York fit or a Los Angeles fit...can't recall.  They had some dates at my local mall where they were "making to measure" or the like and I missed it.  Purchasing slacks for the office is one giant PITA for me.

Cool on the bracelet.  I don't wear any...perhaps I'll have the wifey gift me one some day.  I noticed Omega has some out.

HS

On 7/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, Dave R said:

My order for the Reverso 1931 was delivered today, and I love it.

Not only is it very nice looking, imo, it’s also extremely comfortable, and although it’s 8 years old it looks brand new.

The only slight niggle I have, is with it being used the previous owner(s) had the flip side engraved seen in the photo which I’m not that keen of, other than that I couldn’t be happier.

For now I’m going to enjoy the JLC as is, plus I don’t have to look at the flip side, but I’m going to enquire via the place where I bought it, on whether that could be done in the photo below which allows the movement to be seen.

Another thing I like about this Reverso, is it looks very different to the Saxonia, apart from it having a black alligator strap and similar coloured metal.

Just 4 more photos. ?

It looks brilliant! I do really love the 1931 tribute dial.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:24 AM, HemiSam said:

Thanks, ER.  

I probably need to look into something similar one of these days.  I'm a 40L, but my lower half is pretty damn flat / relatively thin.  Pants are always baggy.  I try to by a certain cut of the Hart Schaffner Marx and then get it tailored...perhaps a New York fit or a Los Angeles fit...can't recall.  They had some dates at my local mall where they were "making to measure" or the like and I missed it.  Purchasing slacks for the office is one giant PITA for me.

I would skip HSM, in your case; even their slim fit is pretty "traditional." Try Brooks "Milano", or the Samuelsohn "Yardley" fit (this is a fit made specifically for Saks), both of which are quite trim. The Hickey-Freeman "H" fit might also work for you, but they are fairly short jackets in that fit (a bit shorter than the slightly cropped Samuelsohn fit I mentioned).  All of these are fairly easily found at steep discount, especially if you hit SaksOff5th or NM Lastcall during the right sale, and Brooks often has steep closeouts.

Edited by EdipisReks1

1 hour ago, EdipisReks1 said:

It looks brilliant! I do really love the 1931 tribute dial.

I would skip HSM, in your case; even their slim fit is pretty "traditional." Try Brooks "Milano", or the Samuelsohn "Yardley" fit (this is a fit made specifically for Saks), both of which are quite trim. The Hickey-Freeman "H" fit might also work for you, but they are fairly short jackets in that fit (a bit shorter than the slightly cropped Samuelsohn fit I mentioned).  All of these are fairly easily found at steep discount, especially if you hit SaksOff5th or NM Lastcall during the right sale, and Brooks often has steep closeouts.

Great info, ER!  

I do own a pair of HF slacks...loved the material and the cut.  A bit pricey but I've been pleased with them all around.

I'll see if I can register for SaksOff5th...I'm subscribed to their normal site and the prices are a bit stiff.  Brooks and NM also.

I was a bit more fashion savvy pre-kids.  Oh well...LOL.

HS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n_maher said:

Went to a wedding last night and decided that I'd already tracked enough steps/activity that I could wear an actual watch.

37LJva7uTPefs39uDdYv%A.jpg

And yes, I know the date is wrong.  I was in a rush to get ready and didn't feel up to fiddling.  

Hell; Andy Warhol didn't even set or wind his watches, so I think you get a pass.  I miss my 300M, now.  It really is a damned good looking watch!

• Like 1

While I have a smart watch that I use as a wallet and cellphone. The fitness tracker and sleep stuff i never got into. I didn't see it as actionable data. 

Been waring my 300m all week, at the pool now. My planet ocean had duty last week in Baja. 

20190804_151320.jpg

Edited by SeaWolf
  • Like 2