Watches

Dusty Chalk

The new 50th speed master sets take over the top to a new level! I just like the experience at the beginning. My retail boxes also end up stored in the bottom of my safe, I have a a very large safe so I have more storage than my means will allow me to fill. 

In volume these boxes are super cheap to make, so I just feel like they are being lazy. I would also not hesitate to call out any other brand I have experience with that did the same. It's just in my small collection the rolex box sticks out. 

On 9/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, SeaWolf said:

The new 50th speed master sets take over the top to a new level! I just like the experience at the beginning. My retail boxes also end up stored in the bottom of my safe, I have a a very large safe so I have more storage than my means will allow me to fill. 

In volume these boxes are super cheap to make, so I just feel like they are being lazy. I would also not hesitate to call out any other brand I have experience with that did the same. It's just in my small collection the rolex box sticks out. 

I understand what you are saying, I just have a different perspective on it.

20 hours ago, SeaWolf said:

That's cool, so it's a trend setter for those that would follow in the next decade?

To me it has the cushion shape and the lugs integrate the strap into the watch. Design ideas that would take off in the following decade. 

You aren't wrong that the shape was certainly popular in the 1970s, but the 60s had a lot more heterodox design-sensibility than you might think.  It just seems staid in comparison late-60s and 1970s.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided to pull the trigger on the omega seamaster bullhead. It arrived today at my local AD. It will live there for some time.. I need to build up some more good will with the wife before bringing it home. I am supposed to buy one watch a year, this would put me at 3 watches in 13 months. The core of my collection is now complete as I really wanted a chrono but did not have one. Stock photo of the variant I got, will do wrist shot when I can pick it up. Hoping to bring it home before the end of the year.

Omega-Seamaster-Bullhead-Silver-Dial.jpg

• Like 5

I don't work regular hours and I work less than 20 total hours a week. Most of the time it's closer to 10. If I did normal office type hours that strategy would be ok, but I wouldn't get the wear it much and it would be easy to screw up. This isn't a big town either and my wife is in the same industry, so probably not worth the risk either way. 

I'll wait. 

17 hours ago, SeaWolf said:

Well I decided to pull the trigger on the omega seamaster bullhead. It arrived today at my local AD. It will live there for some time.. I need to build up some more good will with the wife before bringing it home...

Perhaps you haven't noticed but supporting a competitive fencer is very expensive, but no fears my silence can be purchased for reasonable cash installments. 

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doing my best to plant the seeds with the wife. Started out by looking at a VC chrono next the wife. She says "what another watch?! You just got one a few months ago!". My retort "it's got a pulsation scale so it's a business expense right?". Then I go on to say it's way to expensive for me, she asks what I was thinking of for my next one, I tell her the seamaster bull head. I shift my eyes over with out moving my head and she has moved from FB and is typing that into a note. 

The question is when she gets me this for Xmas do I tell my AD not to cash the check or do I tell him to keep it as credit for me.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3