Watches

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...

I use my galaxy watch when on call and when I don't want to carry a phone and/or wallet but I always double fist in those situations. 

Not sure what my next watch will be but I do really like the Santos. My mom has a tank. Which she has worn for years. 

Going to Vegas in a few days and will be going thorough the dealers to try and come up with a decision. My wife imposed watch buying moratorium expires in June (18 months after I bought my viper). 

Really liking the hublot spirite of big bang mecha 10 as well. 

• Like 1

This is a good looking and versatile watch IMO albeit a bit large for me.  I prefer 40mm.  Arguably more money than it would be without the Fratello connection, but they are likely part of why it's as handsome as it is.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hamilton-khaki-field-murph-auto-joins-the-fratello-shop-catalog/

HS

Hamilton-Khaki-Field-Murph-Auto.010.jpg

• Like 7

Was fun walking around the watch shops in Vegas. Not much new obviously.. but I have reached a conclusion as to what I will be getting next, when the watch buying moritorium which has been imposed on me by the wife expires.  

Spirit_Of_Big_Bang_MECA-10_Black_Magic_-_Hublot.png

Its movement looks like it's made from a scaled down erector set and like all SBB watches the cambered case and rubber strap wear super comfortable. Will replace the stock strap right away with their red alligator/rubber strap. 

The wife is pretty funny she complains a whole bunch about my watches but insists on keeping a list around so she can buy them for me on special occasions. She tried to be slick about noting the watch info while claiming she was txting. Also commenting on how well it fits my wrist. 

Also at the patek boutique she bee lines straight for the grand comps and just loves how "pretty" they are.. I assured her that of the very b few things in life I know for sure, she doesn't love me THAT much!

Edited by SeaWolf

Shame I missed that one, Jacob, but thank you for the heads-up all the same.  I swooped in a bit late...LOL.

Interesting choice, SeaWolf.  I do like the transparency through to the mechanicals...enjoy seeing how mechanical things function.  Sounds like you have a good woman looking out for your.

I have fought off the temptation to buy a watch I keep thinking about.  Tried it on when we were in Aruba last year (w/o the Sedna gold unfortunately) and liked the feel and look of it.  

I had just a tad big of difficulty with the rubber strap and it is on the larger side for my wrist at 42mm.  Only tried it the one time moving fairly briskly after dinner.  Need to give it another romp.

HS

omega 300m sedna n rubber.jpg

• Like 2

Lug width looks fine on your wrist. The omega rubber straps are not as compliant as other brands. My planet ocean big blue has one thats natural curve just happens to fit around my wrist perfectly. 

If your thinking at all that you might want the bracelet too get that with the watch. Adding the bracelet later is a rip off. I have a TT blue and yellow gold newest version 300m on the bracelet that the wife got me for our anniversary when it launched a couple years ago. It's been a really nice watch that is passable in both casual and most dress situations.

Love the ABC Islands. Would retire to Bonaire if I didn't have to renounce my US citizenship to avoid paying taxes twice. 

That is a pic off google...not my wrist.  I do well with 39-40mm watches, but it didn't look crazy big.

I thought about getting the version with the bracelet, but I'm not that keen on it.  I had a Seamaster that I "lost" in South America back in the early 2000's...a move and I trusted the office too much with things in my desk...my bad.  Was a nice watch.

For me that watch is all about the rubber bracelet...the look of it.  I'll try it again and take my time and see if it works.

I've got a watch ordered...long lead item.  I won't jinx it, but I sure do hope it makes it in the next 6-8 months.  I'll post here if it does.

HS

• Like 1

Especially if you had one before I understand really liking the 300m. 

The friend with that aquaterra also has the new black dial SS 300m. He likes it a lot and switches between strap and bracelet. In fact he has an original bond 300m that he bought back in the day. Still in very good condition considering it was his only watch until I became a very bad influence on him in ~2013. He's bought about 10 omegas since then lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...