Watches

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, HiWire said:

This watch is over the top. First time I've heard of a Zenith El Primero:

I'm surprised: it was one of the very first automatic chronographs (I think Seiko beat them by a little bit), and was the movement that Rolex used for many years between the Valjoux 72 and their own in-house automatic chrono, for the Daytona.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forstner JB Champion Flat Link bracelet (brushed) ordered for my 1861 Speedy. I hate the bracelet that came with it, and have always worn it on a strap because of that, and I also don’t really want to spend the $1,000 or whatever it will be for the bracelet that was introduced with the new coaxial Speedy (it has been confirmed to fit the older models, maybe requiring a kiss of a grinder if you want it to be perfectly flush).

The bracelet on my Pre-Moon is more or less perfect, and the Flat-Link should be similar. I’ll report back. This is a “normal” bracelet, so I won’t have the issues that I did with the mesh one (which has found a happy home since).

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

The Forstner flat-link came today. Adjustment is a little fiddly, but even I managed it without too much difficulty. I’m very happy with it.  It’s a long bracelet (I took out six links), but has a short buckle, so it should work with a lot of wrist sizes. If anybody gets one, I would suggest sizing it slightly tight, as it has three expansion links. It feels like a well worn in vintage Jubilee bracelet, though obviously not as solid; it’s a modern interpretation of a shitty JB Champion, after all! The Forstner bracelets are much better made than anything JBC ever made, but retain the vintage charm.

2BA8B820-B273-4B4A-A0DE-CA8E4425BD15.jpeg

421C703E-964C-4984-BEA6-CABB91CB9BF8.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Torpedo said:

It looks good. I like it better than most of the new Ω bracelets on their own watches

Right? The bracelet on the new Master Chrono Speedies are very nice, but also an expensive replacement, assuming you can even get one. I looked at the bracelet that came with this watch and immediately put it on a strap.