15 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

Oof I dig the new limited edition Reverso. How good is that?

reverso_1.JPG.20d04b0f3dd2b0b43ffdbff1b20360fb.JPG 

reverso_2.jpg.8e9df6a801aab53041bb619e3bf0e9d0.jpg

I dig it too, buy two brotha ;D

So this is not at all what I was expecting: it's a Unisonic with a 14k bezel!  It's currently riding on a JB Champion two-tone bracelet, which is rather fitting. I have no idea if my watchmaker can service this, the early electric watches being... quirky.  I definitely want to get it up and running.  It has an inscription on the back, with my father's name.  I'd show a picture of that, but it also has his SSN (a common enough thing at a certain point in time, I think).  What an interesting watch for a man in his early 20s to have bought. The unexpectedness makes having it all the more special for me.

IMG_1868.JPG

• Like 5

Thanks.  I was finally able to get the OEM strap off (the spring bars were glued to the leather, and some glue had seeped inside the bars) and I currently have it on a grey/black NATO from Clockwork Synergy that I found in my box of watch odds and ends.  I transferred the signed Bulova buckle over, to complete the look.  I think this is a nice combo, and it's very comfortable.  The leather strap was actually very nice, but the sizing wasn't quite right for my wrist.

This isn't a watch I would have gotten if I hadn't been able to get it for essentially free, but I actually really rather dig it.  Part of that is just because of how different it is from everything else I own. 

IMG_1870.JPG

• Like 2

The particular PVD coating this watch has is very tough, in case anybody was interested in getting one: I whanged it pretty hard against a brass door hinge, tonight, and there isn't a mark, even under bright light and magnification.