Watches

Dusty Chalk

The Santos....gold in a leather band is something I've been thinking about.

I've been threatening another car purchase so I'm trying to exercise some self restraint while funding two private college educations...  I'll be working a while longer...LOL.

HS

18 hours ago, SeaWolf said:

The new Santos comes with both the bracelet and the leather strap.  Even if you never use it the bracelet is astonishing. 

You can choose gold on just the strap (the bracelet adds significantly to the cost on a gold watch!), but agreed; it's the best bracelet on any of my watches, and I include the modern Oyster bracelet in that.

5 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

You can choose gold on just the strap (the bracelet adds significantly to the cost on a gold watch!), but agreed; it's the best bracelet on any of my watches, and I include the modern Oyster bracelet in that.

That's cool,  I had no idea they did that,  totally makes sense. 

5 hours ago, SeaWolf said:

The vintage look with a strap is quite nice. 

Btw no special addition announcement today? I guess they are calling it by GMT so maybe tomorrow. 

Thank you; I was going for a certain caricature of 1969, with that outfit. :)

And yup. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-omega-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch-caliber-321-platinum

Edited by EdipisReks1

Although I was reasonably happy with the Oyster Perpetual 39mm, I’ve always liked Jaeger-LeCoultre and in particular their Reverso, I also prefer manual wind to automatic.

Well the place where I got both that Rolex and Saxonia from had a Reverso 1931 2788570 available, and I’m happy to say I’m in the process of buying that beautiful ( imo ) looking watch.

I did have to use that Rolex as part exchange but I’m ok with that.

Hopefully I should have it within the next few days, but here’s a photo of that Reverso.

274CEC4F-9F21-40D4-B417-E1FD04704AC5.thumb.jpeg.eacfd5d897766069416483a479ad07bd.jpeg

• Like 1

So down in Cabo. No rolex sports, fuck unless you want an ugly dial tt date just you are out of luck, no other rolex. 

They also at the same AD there was a rose type XXII on the rose bracelet. I love that, unfortunately the wife doesn't love me that much.. 

1 hour ago, HemiSam said:

I'm having a hard time keeping up, Dave...LOL.  Enjoy...beautiful watch!

HS

I have to admit Sam I’ve changed from/to a few different watches over the last few years, but once I have that Reverso I won’t be selling it or the Saxonia for any other watches.

When needed I’ll be having both serviced, and probably new Alligator straps, but I’m keeping them both.?

Edited by Dave R
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Dave,

So is the billiards watch now a Grand Seiko?

HS

I no longer have that Grand Seiko Sam, I used it in part exchange for that Rolex, I’ll be wearing that Reverso 1931 playing those two games.

I was told by the place I’m getting that JLC it’d be ok to do so, plus that Reverso 1931 was originally a sports watch used while playing Polo in India.

Edited by Dave R

Forgot to mention, most here probably don’t know who this is, but Ronnie O’sullIvan is regarded as the best snooker player ever, and he wears a Reverso while playing that game, and has done so for sometime.

Yes he’s right-handed and wears the JLC on his left, but he also plays a lot of shots left-handed.