Jump to content

Recommended Posts

-sigh- I used to be able to dress well. Then I had kids, they are dirty beasts who insist on crawling all over you. 

Still keep up with the lifting though so once they are old enough I should still fit into everything. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at something fresh for the remainder of the summer:

SUOK711_sa000_nvz.jpgSUOK711_sa200_nvz.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Nice bracelet, ER.  Give us a few more shots of it if you don’t mind including side and clasp.

I like the jacket.  What exactly does made to measure mean?  I’m thinking they tailor an off the rack jacket, but I honestly don’t know.

HS

It's somewhere between bespoke and tailored.  They use pre-sized blanks but then customize the whole thing for you. I got a great price, thanks to a promo code (I ordered 8 weeks ago, I think). The bracelet is a Paloma Picasso Tiffany "Infinity" in sterling and yellow gold. I really like it, and it will work great for me until I can afford a Juste un clou.

IMG_0110.jpeg

4 hours ago, HiWire said:

I'm looking at something fresh for the remainder of the summer:

SUOK711_sa000_nvz.jpgSUOK711_sa200_nvz.jpg

I think it looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys. I follow this thread but don't post as I only have a Timex and a Swatch at the moment. The millenials don't seem to wear wrist watches any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My order for the Reverso 1931 was delivered today, and I love it.

Not only is it very nice looking, imo, it’s also extremely comfortable, and although it’s 8 years old it looks brand new.

The only slight niggle I have, is with it being used the previous owner(s) had the flip side engraved seen in the photo which I’m not that keen of, other than that I couldn’t be happier.

1971AA54-DB50-4364-B92D-E9EA1475812D.thumb.jpeg.f8d1eba9985c3e48681ec06412ec003d.jpeg

For now I’m going to enjoy the JLC as is, plus I don’t have to look at the flip side, but I’m going to enquire via the place where I bought it, on whether that could be done in the photo below which allows the movement to be seen.

050137A5-2613-4AB4-8437-02094E93340E.thumb.jpeg.3589e39990be0eac122b0c713985b1d1.jpeg

 

Another thing I like about this Reverso, is it looks very different to the Saxonia, apart from it having a black alligator strap and similar coloured metal.

 

3F73B352-CDF8-40FE-8FEC-920778DD4F6F.thumb.jpeg.ce30a36dca7c6ba92f9eae6c9a320203.jpeg

 

Just 4 more photos. 🙂

 

7E245BF2-DD6F-4EF4-B2E5-C01A147B07A8.thumb.jpeg.c7feb5c661c8e4a60d80c8869d0a66c2.jpegAEC3EBF0-9AF1-43FA-BD64-621614E83AAC.thumb.jpeg.1b45854267d1b17b60a31121139da425.jpeg8B501D1C-84B2-4CAD-837C-645A4A388D8E.thumb.jpeg.af08bc70a5c9b0de0d18438d27bd91a4.jpeg46ED273C-18BC-4A50-BDCB-126F73C54E01.thumb.jpeg.e3688a8d30525d7ae03f4cb2f5e25846.jpeg

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

It's somewhere between bespoke and tailored.  They use pre-sized blanks but then customize the whole thing for you. I got a great price, thanks to a promo code (I ordered 8 weeks ago, I think). The bracelet is a Paloma Picasso Tiffany "Infinity" in sterling and yellow gold. I really like it, and it will work great for me until I can afford a Juste un clou.

IMG_0110.jpeg

I think it looks great!

Thanks, ER.  

I probably need to look into something similar one of these days.  I'm a 40L, but my lower half is pretty damn flat / relatively thin.  Pants are always baggy.  I try to by a certain cut of the Hart Schaffner Marx and then get it tailored...perhaps a New York fit or a Los Angeles fit...can't recall.  They had some dates at my local mall where they were "making to measure" or the like and I missed it.  Purchasing slacks for the office is one giant PITA for me.

Cool on the bracelet.  I don't wear any...perhaps I'll have the wifey gift me one some day.  I noticed Omega has some out.

HS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, Dave R said:

My order for the Reverso 1931 was delivered today, and I love it.

Not only is it very nice looking, imo, it’s also extremely comfortable, and although it’s 8 years old it looks brand new.

The only slight niggle I have, is with it being used the previous owner(s) had the flip side engraved seen in the photo which I’m not that keen of, other than that I couldn’t be happier.

 

For now I’m going to enjoy the JLC as is, plus I don’t have to look at the flip side, but I’m going to enquire via the place where I bought it, on whether that could be done in the photo below which allows the movement to be seen.

 

 

Another thing I like about this Reverso, is it looks very different to the Saxonia, apart from it having a black alligator strap and similar coloured metal.

 

 

 

Just 4 more photos. 🙂

 

 

 

 

 

It looks brilliant! I do really love the 1931 tribute dial.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:24 AM, HemiSam said:

Thanks, ER.  

I probably need to look into something similar one of these days.  I'm a 40L, but my lower half is pretty damn flat / relatively thin.  Pants are always baggy.  I try to by a certain cut of the Hart Schaffner Marx and then get it tailored...perhaps a New York fit or a Los Angeles fit...can't recall.  They had some dates at my local mall where they were "making to measure" or the like and I missed it.  Purchasing slacks for the office is one giant PITA for me.

I would skip HSM, in your case; even their slim fit is pretty "traditional." Try Brooks "Milano", or the Samuelsohn "Yardley" fit (this is a fit made specifically for Saks), both of which are quite trim. The Hickey-Freeman "H" fit might also work for you, but they are fairly short jackets in that fit (a bit shorter than the slightly cropped Samuelsohn fit I mentioned).  All of these are fairly easily found at steep discount, especially if you hit SaksOff5th or NM Lastcall during the right sale, and Brooks often has steep closeouts.

Edited by EdipisReks1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdipisReks1 said:

It looks brilliant! I do really love the 1931 tribute dial.

I would skip HSM, in your case; even their slim fit is pretty "traditional." Try Brooks "Milano", or the Samuelsohn "Yardley" fit (this is a fit made specifically for Saks), both of which are quite trim. The Hickey-Freeman "H" fit might also work for you, but they are fairly short jackets in that fit (a bit shorter than the slightly cropped Samuelsohn fit I mentioned).  All of these are fairly easily found at steep discount, especially if you hit SaksOff5th or NM Lastcall during the right sale, and Brooks often has steep closeouts.

Great info, ER!  

I do own a pair of HF slacks...loved the material and the cut.  A bit pricey but I've been pleased with them all around.

I'll see if I can register for SaksOff5th...I'm subscribed to their normal site and the prices are a bit stiff.  Brooks and NM also.

I was a bit more fashion savvy pre-kids.  Oh well...LOL.

HS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I basically only buy close-outs. Last year's fabrics ain't that different from this year's, but sure are a lot cheaper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 8:50 AM, luvdunhill said:

New Casio on the wrist!

3dd398161402524a17b5a60133ee71bb.jpg

Can u share the model number for this piece? Interesting to see the word Gaussman on it. Anti magnetic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to a wedding last night and decided that I'd already tracked enough steps/activity that I could wear an actual watch.

 

37LJva7uTPefs39uDdYv%A.jpg

 

And yes, I know the date is wrong.  I was in a rush to get ready and didn't feel up to fiddling.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, n_maher said:

Went to a wedding last night and decided that I'd already tracked enough steps/activity that I could wear an actual watch.

 

37LJva7uTPefs39uDdYv%A.jpg

 

And yes, I know the date is wrong.  I was in a rush to get ready and didn't feel up to fiddling.  

Hell; Andy Warhol didn't even set or wind his watches, so I think you get a pass.  I miss my 300M, now.  It really is a damned good looking watch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I have a smart watch that I use as a wallet and cellphone. The fitness tracker and sleep stuff i never got into. I didn't see it as actionable data. 

 

Been waring my 300m all week, at the pool now. My planet ocean had duty last week in Baja. 

 

 

 

 

20190804_151320.jpg

Edited by SeaWolf
.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My health insurance provided essentially pays me to wear the tracker.  If I exercise enough the reimbursement more than pays for the tracker so it's hard not to wear it.  Still, I need to be better about taking it off from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh I will have to look at if I can get anything from bcbs. I just double fist it sometimes. 

 

20190615_163021.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can u share the model number for this piece? Interesting to see the word Gaussman on it. Anti magnetic? 


It’s an AW-251-BM-1T. It is indeed antimagnetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

 


It’s an AW-251-BM-1T. It is indeed antimagnetic.

 

Thanks! Somehow I don't see this model whilst searching through the g shock website 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After four years with the Apple Watch, have been eyeing automatics for about a month. I'm not a watch guy and won't be collecting, but I'm from Ohio and like Panerai, so...

 

  

_A730997.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to thank Jacob for sending me his JLC Alligator strap he had for his Reverso, but didn’t use.

 

B8F48244-18B3-4A62-983F-3A21AAD94BE3.thumb.jpeg.8c1d5e4252f6f347c6185ceb7bf06597.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×