Bluetooth/smart glasses question

swt61

Not quite sure where this belongs, so mods feel free to move this thread.

So, me being me, I'm usually a little late to the party. I was in Best Buy today and came across the Boze frames, Bluetooth sunglasses. I listened to them and can really see a use for these when I'm away from home. The sound was certainly adequate for non critical listening, with the advantage of being able to hear voices, sirens etc...

Does anyone own these? Would it be easy to adapt to Alexa? Are their better brands for the money? Style is somewhat important and I do like the rondo style, and the availability of accessory colored lenses, or even prescription lenses. Thoughts, impressions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swt61 said:

I did get a nice discount. Found a new pair for $139.00. Remember, gay guys are pros at shopping!

That's $61.00 off of retail.

I probably could have gotten it 8$ more off of retail, but that's just b/c I'm even better. But yeah, great price; curious as to what you think. I love sunglasses and sound, and if only my head were 37% smaller, I'd do it.

• Haha 1

So the verdict is that they're pretty good for background music. They aren't able to produce a lot of bass, but I'm actually impressed at how good they sound, considering the limitations of tiny drivers that do not rest in the ear canal.

One complaint was a lack of volume control, which didn't seem like a major flaw, seeing as the volume control on my phone is easily within reach. However, the latest update now has voice activated volume control. Another complaint was that anything past 60% volume was pretty distorted. I don't find that to be the case. 100% volume isn't that loud or distorted. Maybe that has more to do with the Note 9 than the Frames?

So again, these aren't for critical listening. What they do, they do pretty well. Who knew I'd own Bose?

• Like 2