What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Indeed. It was pretty disappointing all around. And it's still around 22 hours before I can eat anything solid again. Between that and the crap I have to start taking (now unfortunately), today is going to be a very disappointing day. :(

The sodium picosulphate is pretty nasty :(

Our chief of gastro had the med students try a few glasses to get an understanding of how terrible it is :sadcat:

The sodium picosulphate is pretty nasty :(

Our chief of gastro had the med students try a few glasses to get an understanding of how terrible it is :sadcat:

I'm about to start. I have a HalfLytely & Bisacodyl tablets Bowel Prop Kit. Here are the instructions. I've put them in Spoiler tags so that one doesn't have to see it if it's TMI.

1. Take bisocodyl tablets with water.
  2. Mix HalfLytely solution and refrigerate. HalfLytely is PEG-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride.
  3. Wait for a bowel movement. After a bowel movement occurs (usually in 1-6 hours) begin to drink the solution. Even if a bowel movement does not occur within 6 hours, begin to drink the solution.
  4. Drink all the solution. Drink 1 (8 oz) glass of solution every 10 minutes until solution is gone. A watery bowel movement should begin in approximately 1 hour. You will continue to have loose bowel movements for about 1 to 2 hours after finishing. I didn't measure it but it looks like it makes about 1 liter. I'll measure it later, when I'm done. I chose the orange flavoring. Lemon-lime and cherry are also options.

I made the solution first, to give it a better chance to get cold. Here goes with the Bisacodyl tablets. Don't worry, there will be no more "progress" reports.