What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Touch of Fall with winds and highs in the 60sF. Leftover comfort food tonight with curried pinto and black bean soup with vegetables and ham over seasoned basmati rice with a garnish of homegrown chopped italian flatleaf parsley. The served plate:

3868534991_e1b7229b10_b.jpg

Glass of cab. Ahh! :)

I must become your neighbor! You cook some good stuff!

By his cooking vocabulary, I think he must have dated Rachel Ray. :P

Saying EVOO without the giggle is good enough for me. :P Or, in the alternative, since I've been using the language longer, maybe she's copping my act.

Steak & Baker; very simple meal of fresh seasonal foods

3887835363_43b1193e5f_b.jpg

Cold salad of homegrown chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, homegrown sliced cucumber, homegrown green peppers, chopped white onion, and chopped homegrown Italian flat leaf parsley. Seasoned and dressed with seasalt and fresh cracked black pepper, EVOO, and vintage Modena balsamic vinegar.

3887836425_23fe74df1d_b.jpg

The served plate. Grilled marinated sirloin, loaded baked potato (butter/cracked black pepper/crumbled bacon/sourcream with homegrown chives and garlic powder), steamed green beans dressed with EVOO, seasoned with seasoning salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and finished with toasted sliced almonds. Glass of cab. Yum. Not shown: spaniels with tongues hanging down to knees.

Detail of cook on steak:

3888631316_45bc94cd33_b.jpg

SWMBO's steak was finished to medium in microwave and then slathered in Heinz 57 as is her preference. She had a big glass of moo. The spaniels were not disappointed.

You guys are gormea chefs,

Great food, great pictures and the presentation...WOW!

I used to be a silver service Waiter....and am impressed by the presentation shown here. :D

I have just eaten a chicken and stuffing sandwich with wholmeal bread, which is a very poor 2nd to what some of you are eating.

P.S. Old Pa .......Fantastic Pictures and the mixed salad looks really inviting to say the least, I myself prepare salads like this and I also add fruit to the mix......Weldone and enjoy

SWMBO's Regular Bohunk Sausage Supper:

3901527427_52f1242253_b.jpg

Grilled (turkey) Polska Kielbasa with hot horseradish, red cabbage with cloves, cinnamon, allspice, bay leaf, vintage balsamic and fresh homegrown chopped half green apple, german potato salad sauteed in EVOO with onion, crumbled bacon, garlic, Hungarian sweet paprika, chopped dill pickle, dry mustard, vintage balsamic, fresh steamed green beans dressed with EVOO, seasoning salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and baked sliced almonds. Glass of cab. Not so bad. :D

I would eat your sausage.

Maybe we should have a couple of beers first. :eek:

You can get really great poultry sausage these days. Being from sausage cultures (Swede/German and Slovanian), it doesn't take much to sell a nice grilled sausage around here. Grilled to me is a lot more attractive than boiled, but that's just me.

I had a Beaujolais last night that would have been awesome with that curried pinto and black bean dish.

Thanks. I think you're right about the Beaujolais and that's a marvelous idea. I've gotten into the Black Box family of vintage CA wines as they are pretty good and I usually need one glass and not a whole bottle. And that has kept me from other bottle only varietals, like Beaujolais, which are most tasty. Easy enough to fix. :dance:

Home alone. Hell of a day. With my neuro symptoms last night, SWMBO had her diagnostics manual out on the table when I got up; pinched nerve at C6 and orders to see my doc. After my quarterly haircut, doc got me in; two appointments on one shower and shave (Sweet!). X-Rays and exam confirms; 6 to 8 weeks if I'm good. When have I been good? Then on to arranging for a sitter at the nursing home for my 86-year-old dad with dementia. *sigh* Try to keep him from being so anxious.

SWMBO is off to family things for the weekend, so it's me with the girls. Dinner:

3911141918_94805037cd_b.jpg

Yes, they got some. Now on to Frisbee, walk, and snuggles. :D

Another evening without Adult Supervision. :D Music: Brad Mehldau, Mehldau/Metheny, Adam Rogers, Peter Bernstein, and David Parsons (:eek:). The served plate:

3914137778_90e5b8d7f8_b.jpg

Grilled lamb (sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, oregano garlic powder) with mint sauce, baked stuffed potato (new season russet/sea salt/fresh cracked black pepper/butter/crumbled bacon/sour cream/homegrown chives), vegetable medley dressed with EVOO and seasoned with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Glass of cab. Spaniels feasted on lamb and bones. Yum! :)

Note: SWMBO will go for (and has developed a preference for) ground lamb in red pasta meat sauce, meatloaf, and various casseroles. But not grilled lamb or veal by itself. Baby animals, you know. (Too much Disney! :mad:)