What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Late tea tonight.

Cherry tomatoes, boiled potato, feta cheese, coarse grated parmesan, ground parmesan, thin asparagus spears, chopped garlic, red and green peppers, capers, dry black olives and marinated anchovies. Roasted in olive oil, lime juice and port.

Food_A0_1024.jpg

Served with basic salad and toasted olive ciabatta. Bottle of Dogfish Head Raison D'etre.

Food_A1_1024.jpg

Asparagus spears wrapped in parma ham, baked. Roast pepper stuffed with cherry tomatos, feta, black olives and capers. Stewed leek, tomato, courgette and chinese garlic done in leftover port and leftover anchovy dressing. And lime cous-cous with basil.

Bottle of Grolsch.

No idea why I'm in a culinary mood lately. I was going to have corn flakes.

P6160025_1024.jpg

Just had some Pho. Is it possible for a place to have negative atmosphere? Because if it is, this place did. White, undecorated walls; ancient 70's chairs; linoleum floors; and that 70's turquoise for the primary color. It kind of put me in mind of my high school cafeteria (not of good mind, mind you). That said, once I got over it, the food was quite delicious. Quite. And fast. And the service was spot on -- the water was waiting for me at my table, as if she knew I was going to sit there; she refilled my water exactly when I wanted her to, and otherwise left me alone to magazines, but with the feeling that if I needed her attention, she'd be right there -- it was practically psychic. I will definitely eat there again.