What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Buy his book then. :P

I did a search to try and find the original article I was reading and had no luck... and I don't really care... so I believe what you want I guess.

Personally, I drink more juice than any kind of coke, but according to that article any sugar is bad. So we're all fucked. :D

My fighting weight is about 185. I'll be back there in a few months, and will go on a more maintenance diet. Alaska really helped pack on the pounds...

I'm about in the same situation. I'm 6-1ish, 205 and would like to be around 190. My diet isn't bad and I was making good progress (was under 2 bills) until I started having minor surgery on my back (3 times so far this summer). I should be clear of that in 2 weeks and back to getting regular exercise. But I don't trust any weight loss program that only involves diet, humans are creatures of habit and more than likely you'll got back to eating the way you did and the pounds will come back. At least that's what I've observed.

ooh my favorite thai place in nova. I love their goong gra prow
Dude, you have the best taste -- they're my favourite restaurant, period. Ever. Entire planet.

Uh...which one is Goong Gra Prow? Goong is shrimp? So shrimp basil, essentially? That does sound good.

My favourite dish that they ever made was a special: Lard Na Gra Prow Gai. Drunken noodles made sweet by adding carrots and onions.

Dude, you have the best taste -- they're my favourite restaurant, period. Ever. Entire planet.

Uh...which one is Goong Gra Prow? Goong is shrimp? So shrimp basil, essentially? That does sound good.

My favourite dish that they ever made was a special: Lard Na Gra Prow Gai. Drunken noodles made sweet by adding carrots and onions.

Well, seafood basil. And they're almost as good as my favorite thai places, in greensboro nc and fairbanks ak.

I have to say, fresh coho salmon red curry is better than anything at thai pillin :)

Here you go... it's not the exact source I was reading before, but is saying pretty much the same thing I think: http://www.emaxhealth.com/11/586.html

I'm going to call BS on that article as well.

Why? The sweet flavor elicits the release of insulin from the pancreas to enhance the uptake of sugar by the cells so that it doesn't linger in the bloodstream.

I would love to see some research to back up just that one claim.

I love the smell of most curries, Indian, Thai, or otherwise.Seconded.

Oh btw dusty, there's a great indian place over in clocktower in herndon, if you're ever out that way. Maharaja, maybe? I dunno, I forget the name, but clocktower shopping center on herndon parkway

Weird...

I had Indian food about ten minutes ago at the Samosa House. My wife and I are addicted to this place eating there at least once weekly because their food is so fresh, healthy, tasty, and $6.99 (used to be $5.99) for three items, basmati rice, yogurt, and rotis (flat bread). I had jackfruit curry, mushrooms and peas, and cheese and spinach with a cold Pellegrino to wash it down.

I am full and happy. ;D