What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

"A thick filling usually made from lotus seed paste is surrounded by a relatively thin (2-3 mm) crust and may contain yolks from salted duck eggs" according to Wikipedia.

Sounds about right. No duck eggs in this one, but sometimes had them in the ones growing up. I don't actually buy this stuff. The hostess/cashier at the all you can eat Chinese buffet down the street gave them to me for free. She's always very friendly to me, probably because I'm always the only Chinese person in the whole joint. Anne says they should pay me to eat there, since I lend some authenticity to the place, which is otherwise filled with Mexicans and African-Americans. She also gets very excited about the kids, the fact that they can count to three in Chinese, and that they look just like their Chinese father, in spite of their mixed blood from my Caucasian wife. I don't have the heart to tell her they are both adopted from Kazakhstan, and they learned to count in Chinese from some video my Caucasian wife borrowed from the local library.