What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Takeout pizza from a new place that opened round the corner. The food is quite good, but let's just say I'm not sure the name would fly in the US.

Screenshot2011-07-31at41954PM.png

Maybe they could team up with In-N-Out to offer the full experience?

Are you kidding? Even I could write ad copy for this.

"If you don't enjoy this, perhaps you're doing it wrong."

"Before you laugh, try it."

"C'mon, do it, you know you want to."

My normal Sunday evening meal: med-rare natural strip steak cooked on the BBQ with drizzled with butter, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and salad (tomatoes, lettuce, pistachios, cucumbers, vidalia onions, goat cheese, and chunky blue cheese dressing) with some 2005 Lava Cab.

Cheers back at ya, Mikey. I bet you have eaten in that very spot. :) I would love to find a day when you can come over and help me drink some amazing beers that are piling up -- I did another liquor cabinet reorg and I have some work to do! Maybe we could make some curry bacon. Heck, Grahame would probably even come over if there was bacon! :P

il1jbS.gif

Looks like a great time, John. Have a fantastic vacation with the family.

Edited by Voltron

Cheers back at ya, Mikey. I bet you have eaten in that very spot. :) I would love to find a day when you can come over and help me drink some amazing beers that are piling up -- I did another liquor cabinet reorg and I have some work to do! Maybe we could make some curry bacon. Heck, Grahame would probably even come over if there was bacon! :P

Take a look at your late August Al.. I have a couple things coming up.. But would love a visit. (I will behave myself) and Grahame and his better half would make it even better. I'd bring some treats.

Cheers,

Mikeu

Thanks, Al! That sizzling bacon is making we want a midnight snack!

1312432249.jpg

Lunch this afternoon. It doesn't look that attractive, but the green chile that they smother atop everything in New Mexico is so good! Here is a tamale and chile relleno smothered with green chile.

Thanks, Al! That sizzling bacon is making we want a midnight snack!

1312432249.jpg

Lunch this afternoon. It doesn't look that attractive, but the green chile that they smother atop everything in New Mexico is so good! Here is a tamale and chile relleno smothered with green chile.

That looks good.

My chicken "chili"/-helper experiment. You know what? It didn't turn out half bad. I am definitely going to do this again.

And for the record, I went with the oatmeal. Once I had the idea, I just had to try it. I doubt it would work in large quantities, but in the quantity that I needed (just to soak up a <5% overage of liquid), I think it came out perfect. I also did add olives, which made it smell like spaghetti sauce again, so had to add more chili pepper seasoning until it smelled like chili again.

Gonna have to add beans next time.

nothing right now, but last night i went out and bought a nice thick prime rib eye steak and had that, very rare and with a good salt crust sear, with a brined baked potato.

you got me away from eating steaks medium to now having them medium rare, but i don't know if i could get to the point of eating them very rare.