What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

IMG_1240.jpg

organic, grass fed, free range beef liver (that I pre-soaked in organic sugar free almond milk) then cooked medium rare in bacon fat with an organic apple cider vinegar and soy sauce reduction infused with fresh garlic chips. this is probably the best tasting liver i've ever cooked.

IMG_1244.jpg

zucchini cooked in coconut oil infused garlic then covered with uncured organic bacon bits.

Edited by 909

Looks good David even though I don't think I would choose to make liver.

I used a former Reks knife to make dinner tonight too! We made grilled sausages (bratwurst and garlic) and corn fritters with peppers and scallions. The bell pepper and scallions were so easily and finely chopped! I also bought a nice wood magnetic knife holder but realized I don't have a wall long enough to mount it conveniently. D'oh! :palm:

48hr @ 147F brisket with reduce vizzle juice as a sauce. Very tender, but I probably should have actually brined it instead of just adding a tiny bit of sugar, salt, and pepper, and I think I would lower the temperature into the 135-140 range next time too. Still was good, just slightly dry.

img0163dx.jpg

Edited by cetoole

I prefer 134 degrees to 132. I also do not like the rub that comes with the Sous Vide Supreme. Otherwise it was pretty good, though I do not know if a grass fed dry aged steak really needs the Sous Vide treatment.

Have't tried the Sous Vide but IMO nothing beats charcoal grilling a good steak for ~7 minutes a side (with a little salt, pepper, garlic, and butter of course).