What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

No pics, but made my first sous vide meal today, two salmon filets.  Texture and temp came out real well, needed some better flavoring though (had some dill herb mix I tried).  Pan fried the skin side for a tiny bit after removing from the bag.

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1

Not today but last night.  A business dinner meeting which we were lucky enough to have the chef in a good mood so he prepared a five course off menu dinner built around a 2012 Booker White Rhone blend that I brought and a 2009 French white Rhone my dinner partner brought.

20140826_191003_zpsd2dba5da.jpg

for starters this cucumber based salad with yogurt a Spanish chili grated along with a bunch of Persian spices and Meyer lemon zest.  Yummy with the Booker Rhone blend.

20140826_200202_zps5a63d215.jpg

Next, a Ahi tuna course, layered with radishes and with wasabi and a sesame and sweet potato consume.  Was excellent with the French white Rhone.

Next a crusted shrimp dish that I forgot to take a picture of which again was excellent with the 2009 French Rhone.

20140826_202711_zps5384f7d9.jpg

You can guess what this is and which wine went well with this.

20140826_205609_zps247eb61a.jpgA

A desert he just made up on the spot based upon the aromas of the two Rhone wines.

20140826_205728_zpsdc6ac757.jpg

We ran out of white wine so we had this for desert.   This shit is awesome!      /\    /\   /\     /\    /\ 

• Like 4