What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Here's the recipe - http://www.recipetineats.com/pork-carnitas-mexican-slow-cooker-pulled-pork/.  I followed it pretty much verbatim.  The cook time, on high in my crock pot, was around 5hrs which seemed to track with the recommendations in the recipe and I can't think of anything that I'd really change.  Even using a smaller pork shoulder (~4lbs) there is a ton of of meat for leftovers, not that I'm complaining.  In the future there's a pork chilli that I'll be using this for, for sure.

In case anyone is curious - the taco construction is homemade guacamole in the bottom, then the pork, then homemade pico de gallo topped with a little cheese on top wrapped in a soft corn tortilla.  

• Like 3

Amazon delivered a 6 pound jug of crisco last week, so I used a bunch to demonstrate my wisdom in buying it. Fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, pork gravy (using ham dripping ice cubes saved from Christmas) and Thai chili Brussels sprouts. ca51ae4ffbaf357cd12e98eccd291830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7