What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Earlier:  Cheese, shrimp cocktail, salmon, ham, turkey leg, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, gravy, pumpkin cheesecake, almond meringues.

Just had a little bit of everything, spent quite a bit of time at the table, taking tiny helpings every once in a while, but it's still the most I've eaten in one sitting. 

Now: (erp)

• Like 2

Sophie's girlfriend is Jewish and we just feasted on home made latkes with trimmings and pastrami and brisket and corned beef and rye and sour pickles and then chocolate babka and cookies and custard donuts. Friends of Sophie's from high school joined and helped make latkes. Stuffed and happy.

BB29A842-8436-4C3D-9D00-9BA5363FFF0B.jpeg

62148605-2506-48DC-BA4C-999989D4B1D2.jpeg

6B076A1D-536F-4E50-9F59-6D96F7AB40BD.jpeg

6D2B274F-30BF-46D1-A3A8-D7979D5E07F3.jpeg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today, I had two of the most delicious steaks.  The master chef at Raouche Cafe was kind enough to share with me his very easy, simple marinade, and I’ve been on a quest to recreate it ever since.  Today, I recreated it perfectly.  The recipe is white vinegar and black pepper.  I added garlic, cumin, and white pepper.  30- 45 minutes marinade time while the beef warmed up a little.  Then placed in foil, added more garlic, pepper, and a little salt. Closed foil, 375 preheated oven for 11:11 the first time (too well done), 9:99 the second (medium).  Might try 8:88 tomorrow.  Cut was Food Lion filet mignon tenderloin medallions.  Barely needed a knife both times, could’ve cut with a fork.  Tasted right both times, too: Super delicious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, n_maher said:

Homemade brioche-style French toast on a cold (12F) winter morning with half the house still in quarantine.

Yuuuuuum. I do something like that but encrusted with nuts. Basically just a sprinkle some sliced natural almonds on the 'wet' side after it goes in the pan, and smoosh it a little to get a little egg wash on the almonds. Flip it carefully, the almonds stick to the bread as it cooks and get all toasty.

• Like 1