What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Back in Ohio this week and of all the wonderful food to be thankful for today, mashed potatoes and turkey are behind the return of Dan Dee’s Cheddar Cheese Flavored Corn Twistees. They ran regionally (Midwest) from 1928-2018 and I ate approximately 614 tons of the stuff as a kid. Not only did they return this year, but they appear to have a copy cat using even the same clip art. Although I like Pirate’s Booty, there really is nothing else like them. You can tell from these online reviews. 

"Dan Dee products have been part of my upbringing in Cleveland forever. They also taste superior. I am deeply disappointed to lose this cultural treasure. "The end of a Cleveland legend.”

"These were the snack foods you found in ancient vending machines in decrepit auto shops when your car broke down in the middle of nowheresville. You ate maybe two before realizing you'd get more flavor from the dirt on the floor."

Warning: Orange. 

AED25545-8FE2-47B5-A3C2-3294C9455655.jpeg

EAFF8AAC-1F10-4EEE-894E-6A03E26758FA.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blessingx said:

Back in Ohio this week and of all the wonderful food to be thankful for today, mashed potatoes and turkey are behind the return of Dan Dee’s Cheddar Cheese Flavored Corn Twistees. They ran regionally (Midwest) from 1928-2018 and I ate approximately 614 tons of the stuff as a kid. Not only did they return this year, but they appear to have a copy cat using even the same clip art. Although I like Pirate’s Booty, there really is nothing else like them. You can tell from these online reviews. 

"Dan Dee products have been part of my upbringing in Cleveland forever. They also taste superior. I am deeply disappointed to lose this cultural treasure. "The end of a Cleveland legend.”

"These were the snack foods you found in ancient vending machines in decrepit auto shops when your car broke down in the middle of nowheresville. You ate maybe two before realizing you'd get more flavor from the dirt on the floor."

Warning: Orange. 

AED25545-8FE2-47B5-A3C2-3294C9455655.jpeg

EAFF8AAC-1F10-4EEE-894E-6A03E26758FA.jpeg

They are unnaturally orange, are they not? 

Not eating just yet, but Dorothy, Milo and myself are going to an English pub for dinner in about 30 minutes. 

I'm pretty sure I'm having the Guiness stew, since my boss raved about it. I've had the fish and chips, which is excellent. And the chicken curry is also supposed to be fantastic. 

Pics to follow.

7440763_hBEOgnyt-eO7Mx3EpWVojrP-UGGgtewPlfQeU7GcAiM.jpg

Edited by swt61
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...