goldenreference high voltage power supply (GRHV)

Pars

11 minutes ago, Pars said:

OK, finally getting around to testing the GRHVs I'm building for the Carbon. Using Soren's post on pre-testing, I had some variances.

kgsshvdualsoftstartclean_jamesUK_markup.JPG.bbab7d15efac3dae13bf848e0729f95e.JPG

I marked up the schematic from James above.

1. For the first test, using ~17Vdc thru an ammeter, I'm getting 0.5mA (not 2mA) (points A1-B1)
  2. For the second test, I'm getting ~1.3-1.4mA (points A2-B2), which matches Soren's figures.
  3. For the third test, I'm getting 10.5-10.9mA (points A3-B3). This may be referring to a Megatron HV900 PSU in Soren's notes below, and I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct points anyhow.

I have a 100K resistor paralleling the two 390Ks. Bringing the positive supply up on a variac until it regulates, it seems to be regulating at 55Vdc, which is about what I calculated. Boards are 1.8 version, single fat sw variants. The voltage appeared to be stable; raising the variac a bit didn't change the output.

Just checking because the first CCS test was considerably lower than what Soren saw. I did unsolder one end of the 100K resistor and rechecked, but no change.

Any thoughts, or just go for full voltage?

"you should get ~2mA" probably a typo, ~1mA is what I usually get, depending on the DN2540 ...0.5mA might be just fine

Yeah, when Soren said to measure the current limiter, I was just injecting a + voltage at point A3 with the negative lead at B3. Ammeter in series with the power supply. I know the 5.1R is the current limiter. Maybe I should inject the voltage at A3-B3 and measure the voltage drop across R11 instead?

I'll probably remove the parallel 100K and test at full voltage. Since it was regulating at 55V, it should be fine? Seems like everything is working correctly.

Edited by Pars

• 9 months later...
13 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

kgsshvpssicfetsinglenewleftfatsws - cadcam.zip

12/25/2015

definitely on the google drive.

kgsshvpssicfetsinglenewleftfatsws - cadcam.zip 

It is a fat one.

leftfat.jpg.51ed64517b83ef9de006b30d7ab79c11.jpg

The thin one with CPC1117N has only the kgsshvpssicfetsinglenewrightsws3.ZIP.It is only right, no left.

Right.thumb.jpg.499cce48dbbfcbc641a9f2cfca1cdef8.jpg

• 2 months later...