Post what you're watching

deepak

Torchwood is the Scottish parliament building of the BBC. Massive budget for something ugly, stupid, pointless and frankly insulting to anyone with an ounce of taste or sense.

Even below all of the stupidity of the over sexing, the shit piss poor "violence" which was at best, Grange Hill calibre, the fact that every single character is an obnoxious awful piece of shit that you hope every episode is going to die (and having Jack be invincible means that every single episode, or more than once every single episode, your elation that he has died a horrible death is crushed ruthlessly under the boot of disappointment at his subsequent gasp of recovery.

He is the anti-Captain Scarlet. Captain Scarlet was so much fucking pwn that I actually just came in my pants thinking about him. El Capetaine Jacko is like 25FPS of eyeball cancer from your TV.

As I was saying, below all of this is the most bedrock fundamental of all, and that's the idea that any group of characters with thick Little Britain (also hate that programme)/Fast Show/Harry Enfield/Catherine Tate (hate that one too) Welsh Accents could possibly be taken even as a joke LOL seriously.

One of my housemates is from Wales btw. So don't think that I'm picking on the Welsh just because they are Welsh. My housemate is arguably the most irritating obnoxious annoying insufferable person I've had the displeasure of knowing, but not because he's Welsh. It's because he's a cunt.

Anyway, Torchwood is worse than him and every time he comes into the living room I have to fight down the urge to smack him in the mouth with a saucepan.

I do quite like the new Dr Who though, although when it misses it misses hugely. Usually episodes which that cock Russel T Davis wrote the script for as well as pissing all over by his creative direction.

Don't hold back Duggeh, tell us how you really feel about Torchwood ;D

Davis can be a fucking knob-end of epic proportions, I agree. Also, Captain Scarlet is the best. I saved about fifty corn flake box tops to get a SPV years ago when the show first aired.

CC96301.jpg

Fired real rubber rockets and the side ejector opened with a drop-down seat and everything. Fucking awesome!!

The "The Impossible Planet" & "The Satan Pit" double episode. That was so good. Best eps there have been, although finale of season 1 with Ecclestone was also pretty epic. Russell T Davis should have left the Daleks lie for ages afterwards though. They've been too common, and gotten shit with every extra survival scenario.

I also seem to be the only person who hated John Simm as The Master. I mean they had fucking Derek Jackobi, who is an awesome actor and when he changed from The Professor was so brilliantly sinister.

What Dr Who needs is JMS, not RTD. It's not like he's doing anything at the minute except counting his Babylon 5 money.

I saved up no boxes, but got a shit plastic one at the bottom of a box once. It didn't fire jack shit, and these days I doubt any toy does in case a kid get it in his eye and the parents sue for Fisher Price for millions in lost earnings because their fat ugly kid was destined to become a world champ golf pro and now doesn't have proper depth perception.

Yeah Comcast and Tivo signed a deal a little over a year ago now. Comcast is or was the last time I heard planning to slowly roll out the Tivo software. Very slowly, starting in the New England area first hence why Nate is getting it.

The comcast dvr is tivo now?

Yup. My understanding is that this all started like 3 or 4 years ago. Tivo agreed to license their software for use on Comcast's boxes. It's taken this long to figure out how to integrate Tivo's software with stuff like On Demand, etc. The install took about 45 minutes most of which was spent waiting for the software to download. But it's up and running now and so far seems a lot better than the absolutely god-awful Comcast DVR software. I've read about some possible headaches on AVS Forums but I was willing to take the risk and see how it goes.

Nice! Keep us posted how well(or not) it works. I've been thinking about moving to FiOS TV (I already have FiOS Internet) from Comcast, but TiVo may tip the scale back in Comcast's favor again.

I would have loved to give FiOS a try but they don't offer it out in the country so it's Comcast or a dish and I don't want a dish. There are also rumors circulating that FiOS doesn't have any HD receivers in stock right now and won't for over a month. I have to wonder if that isn't somewhat a result of the proposed Verizon/Fairpoint deal.

Just saw TMNT (the 2007 animated movie). I'm surprised. It didn't suck. I'm not a fan of the whole franchise but I did like it back in the day, and this one more than holds its own. The storyline is completely lame but it's really irrelevant to the movie; the drama between Leo and Raph takes center stage here, and "that scene on the rooftop," to not give away any spoilers here, was just epic.

Overall, decent animation, great and very adult characterization, pretty good and memorable dialogue, lame and forgettable story, but one seriously awesome scene that I'll remember for a long time. **1/2 out of ****.

Just checked Comcast and Tivo is not available down here yet.

So far it's pretty good and a definite upgrade over the stock Comcast software. It's still not as good as the real thing but I think now that they've gotten over the initial hurdle of getting the software to work with the Comcast box I have hope that they'll be able to refine it to work even better.

They vary. There are some absolutely stupendous scenes, surrounded by some absolutely atrocious scenes. The extended fight in season two (you know which one I'm talking about -- I think it was just over an episode in length?) was absolutely beautiful, and wonderfully intense. I could not stop watching.