Post what you're watching

deepak

how did pizzle become supertrose? :)

Maybe he offered to "raffle" off a B-52 with all the proceeds benefiting Ray? Oh wait, that was the real trose, my bad. Supertrose must have comitted some sort of uber-atrocity to be labeled like that. Whatever the reason it's teh funnay.

I made one too many posts about my Ultimate Ears UE10pro and custom made DT770 Darth Beyer headphones.

I thought the latest, greatest were the custom 600ohm DT990s that you update the shipping status of daily. Oh wait, my bad again, that's the real trose. You know, you'd think supertrose would like have how much money he's spent since joining headcase in his sig. :dance:

I thought the latest, greatest were the custom 600ohm DT990s that you update the shipping status of daily. Oh wait, my bad again, that's the real trose. You know, you'd think supertrose would like have how much money he's spent since joining headcase in his sig. :dance:

$6453 is that better Nate

ps red leather earpads

$6453 is that better Nate

ps red leather earpads

Only if you put it in your sig. And seriously, to complete the trosity of your sig you really should also quote yourself. ;)

Of course, the real supertrose would get his L3000's engraved to matched his uber880s. Something like this...

img0372hc4.jpg

On a semi-serious note I can't think of anything I've ever seen anyone do to lower the value of something more than that. Well, other than using JB weld but that really belongs in another thread, even here on Headcase. ;D

On a semi-serious note I can't think of anything I've ever seen anyone do to lower the value of something more than that. Well, other than using JB weld but that really belongs in another thread, even here on Headcase. ;D

I can't believe he had that engraved. Of course, I also can't believe that he may have found a buyer for them.

I think the real point is you wouldn't have spent 800 Euro on them in the first place ;)

of course I've messed around with the manufaktur little java program and made dozens of pairs of custom beyers, but everytime I look at the price... man! I could buy three pair of used DT990s for one pair of kustom manufakturs with blue grills or somesuch. Or I could buy a DT770/80 Pro from larry and have him carve a tittie out of it.

Well this kinda sucks: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07242007/news/nationalnews/grylls_thrills_bogus__expert_nationalnews_don_kaplan.htm

July 24, 2007 -- Discovery Channel he-man Bear Grylls, the host of the survival-skills show "Man vs. Wild," is barely the man he seems to be on TV.

On the program, Grylls appears to camp out in quickly-built shelters deep in the wilderness while battling hypothermia and dehydration. But when the cameras stop rolling, Grylls has actually moved to luxurious hotels.

In the last two seasons, he and producers have contrived other scenes to make it appear as if Grylls is more skilled than he really is, a consultant for the show told The Times of London.

"If you really believe everything happens the way it is shown on TV, you are being a little bit naive," said Mark Weinert, an Oregon-based survival consultant, who said producers hired him as an adviser for the show.

Discovery Channel officials declined to comment, but in the U.K., where the show airs with the title "Born Survivor," stunned network officials at Channel 4 said they are conducting an internal investigation.

"Discovery Communications has learned that isolated elements of the 'Man vs. Wild' show in some episodes were not natural to the environment, and that for health and safety concerns the crew and host received some survival assistance while in the field," a spokeswoman for the network said.

"Moving forward the program will be 100 percent transparent and all elements of the filming will be explained up-front to our viewers. In addition, shows that are to be repeated will be edited appropriately."

According to Weinert, while filming in California's Sierra Nevada mountains - an episode in which Grylls, 33, is seen biting off the head of a snake for breakfast - Grylls actually spent some nights with the show's crew in a lodge outfitted with television, stone fireplaces, hot tubs and Internet access.

The Pines Resort at Bass Lake is advertised as "a cozy getaway for families" and is a luxurious hotel with its own spa on a lake.

In another instance, where Grylls was supposed to be surviving on a desert island, he was actually in Hawaii and spent nights at a motel, Weinert said.

The same episode had Grylls building a Polynesian-style raft using only materials around him, including bamboo, hibiscus twine and palm leaves for a sail. Weinert said he actually led a team of builders to construct the raft.

It was then taken apart so that Grylls could be shown building it on camera.

In another episode, viewers watched as Grylls tried to coax what seemed like a wild mustang into a lasso in the Sierra Nevada.

"I'm in luck," he told viewers, apparently coming across four wild horses grazing in a meadow. "A chance to use an old Native American mode of transport comes my way. This is one of the few places in the whole of the U.S. where horses still roam wild."

In fact, Weinert said, the horses were not wild but were brought in by trailer.

Well, I did suspect a bit of it was unbelievable. I have done some survival camping myself, but I ahve never actually been ina life or death situation, so I took it witha grain of salt. Some of that stuff was unlikely, but not impossible. things liek those rafts... I jsut assumed he was more skilled than I, because one's I have made never looked (or performed) as well as his. Still, even if he stays in a motel, the show still provides its intended benefit, as the things he shows can really be done in a survival situation.

I do feel, though, that as the show got older, it was more about shock value. Drinking your own piss, eating those massive grubs.

Well of course it's unbelievable it's on TV ;). Still though I just expected that the camera crew helped him out and that there was some sort of medical staff around. I never would have expected they'd be staying in luxury hotels half the time.