Post what you're watching

deepak

"Luther (Season 2)" - liked a lot, great ending ep, although it felt a bit rushed.

"Rectify" - opening ep was interesting. Slow-burn kind of start, which I don't mind. Will continue to see where it goes.

DVR-ed the "Top of the Lake" marathon yesterday, so will check that out in the next days.

Been watching Da Vinci's Demons, they just aired the third episode.  It's preposterous and sort of gumbo hodge podge mess of the secret society conspiracy genre, but it still manages to be pretty entertaining, especially when Leonardo whips out his steampunk-y inventions and they actually work. Sets and soundtrack are surprisingly decent for a channel like Starz, they've been ramping it up since the success of Spartacus.

Also watched some Happy Endings as a friend recommended it and I have two conclusions.  1) This is the worst version of a Scrubs style comedy I've seen 2) Elisha Cuthbert has the worst comedic chops I've seen in a while.  It largely has to do with the inability of her face or voice to convey any real expression.

Continuum continues to be all kinds of pleasing.  Dan, if you haven't already, you especially should watch this.  At least up to episode 4 (which is where I am) -- remember when you said that science fiction should investigate the morality of technology -- well, let's just say I think you'd enjoy this.

That I truly don't get.  :)

You have to add in the overhead of malware and you have to realize that I'm a bit of a masochist, so I don't just clean my computer, I try to figure out what happened.  I won't even torrent at all.  So although downloading -- in and of itself -- is less costly than "waiting for it", it takes more of my time.

Much more.

I really need to get into Qubes, I think maybe then.

EDIT:  Okay, that's just silly, I'm watching it.

Permanently gave up on Hemlock Grove, although I really liked the Shelley character.

Gave up on Vampire Prosecutor, they just lost me with being too hard to follow -- so who was the killer in episode two, were there two?  I don't get it.

Finished Continuum -- yeah, that was wonderful...um, so is there or isn't there a season two?

Started Top of the Lake -- yeah, digging it so far.  And Holly Hunter in her best role!  Or at least best makeup job.  I was really worried she was going to stand out like a sore thumb as being the only recognizable actress but turns out?  Not a problem...

This trailer is making me thirsty...

Also, Family Tree on HBO has a lot of potential.  A little dry as a lot of British humour tends to be, but Christopher O'Dowd is great and Christopher Guest definitely knows a thing or two about Mockumentaries.

• Like 1

"14 years, you gotta be doing something right."

"Well if you call 'not filing for divorce' something right..."

Clue #2:  Portia de Rossi's coming out speech, or quote from a television show:

I think we're all figuring out who we are 
and what we really need in life
and that can be painful
however you can't really heal yourself until you stop living a lie.