Post what you're watching

deepak

Add Forever and Gotham to my list, totally enjoying them. Gotham just (ep 3) turned into a black comedy, and I just really like Ioan Gruffudd and would watch him in anything. He's just got that posh British accent that I could listen to for hours. Really liked him in Ringer, which was the first place I saw him.

You might like Haratio Hornblower then.

Maybe 'Haratio' is a reboot/reincarnation?

Aye keed, aye keed...

Losing interest in Gotham, turning into the same old/same old, contrived situations and contrived solutions.  Will still watch it, if for nothing else, just to see Barbara and Gordon get married.  One of the cool things about reboots is seeing how they play relationships -- they've already introduced the Penguin and Riddler characters, but they're not supervillains yet, one of them even works for the police.  So knowing how things turn out, I can't help but be curious where they are going with this.

Finished binge-watching HBO's "Olive Kitteridge". Superb performances all around, but Frances McDormand is simply perfect.

More than a bit depressing themes though. So we had to chase it down with this week's ep of "The Graham Norton Show".

Finished watching this as well. Very good indeed.

Watched Frontline's new episode "Firestone and the Warlord" on Firestone Tires and their latex plantation in Liberia during the rise of Charles Taylor.

As with basically everything Frontline does, it was terrific. I highly recommend it.

6627690111415221242.jpg

Edited by TMoney

Thanks the the HBOGo app on the XBone I was able to finish the last season of Boardwalk Empire over the weekend.

Boardwalk_Empire_2010_Intertitle.png

This show really needed its last season. Boardwalk has always been a difficult show to get through and the ending didn't deviate from that formula. Like the rest of the show, its conclusion is depressing, but oddly satisfying.

I also really enjoyed reading along with the history I watched the show. As usual, the truth of these characters is both stranger and often far more interesting than how they are portrayed in the show. What a fun period of history to look back on.

This wouldn't be the first HBO show I'd recommend to people, but if you do get in to it you won't be disappointed.

4/5