Post what you're watching

deepak

On 9/28/2016 at 11:23 AM, TMoney said:

choice_interviews.jpg?resize=510,290

The Choice: 2016 on Frontline. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/

Fascinating and balanced 2-hour bio on the two candidates. Frontline certainly doesn't pull their punches on either. I learned a lot about both Hillary and Donald that I didn't know before.

Very highly recommended!

They re-ran this last night, and I watched it. Wow! I really did learn a lot that I didn't know.

And if you're a liberal, democrat, pinko fag like me, and the thought of Trump as president makes you break into a cold sweat, this will only serve to reinforce your fears.

He's a much bigger asshole than even I thought possible. His lack of any humanity is absolutely chilling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not of the opinion that Hillary is any kind of saint, but the choice between the two is a no brainer in my mind.

Sorry Trump fans, just my opinion. 

• Like 5

On 9/28/2016 at 11:23 AM, TMoney said:

choice_interviews.jpg?resize=510,290

The Choice: 2016 on Frontline. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/

Fascinating and balanced 2-hour bio on the two candidates. Frontline certainly doesn't pull their punches on either. I learned a lot about both Hillary and Donald that I didn't know before.

Very highly recommended!

Finally got around to watching this.  Very good. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2016 at 3:32 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Luke Cage

Oh, look, it's Remy Danton.

Also:  greatest soundtrack I've heard in a long time.  Little slow so far, but I dig it.

I take that back -- it's so slow, I fell asleep to it last night.  Seriously considering not finishing it.  Anyone who finished it want to tell me it gets better?

Me, now:  Alter Bridge live stream:

I finished it and it does get better. It is not as good as Jessica Jones nor as action packed as Daredevil, but I still ended up liking it and will watch season two if there is one. I also agree with you about the music, I liked it a lot and it was very integral to the story.

• Like 1

Sense8 -- this is a very weird show.  I am totally enjoying it.  I am especially enjoying the comediic bits. 

One, where one of the girls is having her period, and the males don't realize what is going on and can't deal.

And right in the first episode, a musical number!  Very Bollywood.  (Not the whole show, just the straight out of nowhere musical number.)

Was trying to watch Truckfighters live on Facebook, but ( a ) their microphone was completely overwhelmed, and ( b ) their connection kept hanging up, and it wasn't anything to speak of in the first place.  Alas, looks like a good show, though, I'd definitely like to see them if I ever get the chance (they're from Germany, so they'd have to become big enough for that to be worth it, which it isn't for most bands).

I probably liked that first episode the least -- I just didn't "get" the ending, and I don't think they did neither.  I think they just wrote something, I was happy enough with the premise and most of the story arc, they just didn't know how to conclude it.  I think they knew that, too, and that's fine.  They certainly more than made up for it with all the other episodes, from "Playtest" on.  "San Junipero" was by far the most affecting.  But I have to admit, "Hated in the Nation" had me on the edge of my seat.  So...yeah...all of them.