Post what you're watching

deepak

Saw him with Carole around 25 years ago in some London arena (forget where), and maybe four years ago in Birmingham with Lizzie - front row seats right in the middle bang in front of the keyboards (20 feet away) and the laser harp even closer. Much longer ago a good friend made the trek out to London Docklands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTsCbfXZuQ in the pouring rain for one of his greatest outdoor extravaganzas - I unfortunately missed that one.

But that was a great heads up Dusty - cheers!

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 1

American Experience: The Battle of Chosin

battlexm_film_landing-date.jpg

Exceptional documentary from PBS on one of the definitive and representative battles of the little discussed Korean war. The story of the battle, the heroism, sacrifice, and courage of the soldiers and marines, Chosin's significance in the Korean conflict, and the battle's lasting legacy are all here and all very well done.

History/Military History fans, check this one out.

Also, kudos to the producers and interviewees for going out of their way to describe the equally amazing courageousness and sacrifice of the battle's other two major participants, namely the Chinese soldiers and the Korean civilians caught in the crossfire.

Can be streamed on Youtube here:

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TMoney said:

Good adaptation of the PKD original or something that should be considered its own thing?

Definitely should be considered its own thing.  Has there been a faithful adaptation of anything PKD did?  Maybe A Scanner Darkly, but there's a long and sordid history of taking liberties with adaptations of his material.

Daredevil (Netflix original series) - Seasons 1 and 2 are both outstanding. Highly recommended if you haven't seen already & are into that sort of thing.

Moving on to Jessica Jones  and then Luke Cage after that.

Edited by jpelg
  • Like 1

I'm less concerned about ground lost than doing permanent damage.  I'm hoping he is revealed as an alien (or whatever) sooner than later.

Me:  Goblin: The Lonely and Great God (Korean soap opera?) -- really interesting show, but not sure what it wants to be -- an adventure, a fantasy, a romantic comedy, the odd couple?  The premise is interesting, and the girl is adorable.

I caught up (more or less) on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I think I've given up on Arrow and Flash.  Not sure about the others yet.