Post what you're watching

deepak

On 1/11/2017 at 4:22 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Goblin: The Lonely and Great God (Korean soap opera?) -- really interesting show, but not sure what it wants to be -- an adventure, a fantasy, a romantic comedy, the odd couple?  The premise is interesting, and the girl is adorable.

I can't believe I'm watching a soap opera.  I can't believe I'm enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pretty good film. The private equity wankstain (doing the shtick about champagne in the limo -- "'86 is the vintage to buy. If you can't afford '86 then buy '02. If you can't afford '02 then drink fuckin' beer") is so spot on that you couldn't honestly design a better caricature.

The fact that they all got scammed hard precisely because of their pretentious epicureanism makes it extra delicious.

• Like 2

Just finished Fortitude available on Amazon Prime.

One of those shows that makes you want to watch "just one more episode tonight" so the 12 episodes go by in a flash.

Some good frozen tundra fare complete with Stanley Tucci and a wooly mammoth!

I'd give it 7 out of 10.

51ccVh+YLmL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 3

I really loved everything about that video.

The video editing was so fluid and natural that it never distracted or seemed out of place.

And the sound! The Royal Albert Hall just embraced the performance with just the right bit of reverb and warmth. And whoever did the mix/mastering did an awesome job!

Maybe the bass was a little "one note-ish" but it was forward and loud just like most live performances. I'm sure they could have hyped the bass with a heavy DI (direct injection as opposed to the microphone feed from the amps) but that almost always makes the bass sound unnaturally tight and not at all what the audience hears.

Of course, I would have loved to see Pete and Tony Banks up there but that would be another concert.

• Like 2