Post what you're watching

deepak

On 4/12/2017 at 6:24 PM, jpelg said:

Finished watching the season finale (ep8) - did not disappoint.

Peter, please tell me you are watching this. So many "WTF?" moments!

Just watched the pilot.  I am smitten.  This is fantastic.  The story, the layers of reality, the art direction, the music (especially the use of covers, but even the not covers), Syd Barrett (!) as a crazy person...and then, out of nowhere, a dance number.

Starting on the second episode, I love the Jean Smart character, and ... Bill Irwin!  I love Bill Irwin.

• Like 1

Yep, watched this one (Black Sails... Thought I had quoted the previous post from4/8) from the beginning season and enjoyed it (mostly). Sorry to see it end. The final season felt a bit compressed and moving too quickly though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

American Gods, earlier.  I don't think an adaptation of this, one of my favorite pieces of contemporary fiction, could be better.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, now.  A movie I watch on occasion.  I'm a nut for the age of sail, and I think it was marvelously made. It did look better on the big screen than it does on my TV, but I imagine I have more resolution than indifferently calibrated 35mm.  I wish more of these movies had been made, as O'Brian's books had a surfeit of wonderful vignettes and stories, most of which would be well suited to the big screen, and Russell Crowe was never better suited for a role.  Maybe someday we'll get an excellent big screen adaptation of Horatio Hornblower.  

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a buddy coming over tonight and we are going to check out the first few episodes of the new "Twin Peaks."

I really hope its good, but my expectations are low.

The first season of the original "Twin Peaks" is one of the best single seasons I've ever seen on TV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Six Feet Under

I just finished the 2nd season and I'm loving it.

There's an honesty to the characters that is sometimes a little uncomfortable to watch but IMHO, that's a lot coming from a tv show that started in 2001.

I didn't have HBO during it's first run but I'm happy to watch it on Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ironbut said:

Six Feet Under

I just finished the 2nd season and I'm loving it.

There's an honesty to the characters that is sometimes a little uncomfortable to watch but IMHO, that's a lot coming from a tv show that started in 2001.

I didn't have HBO during it's first run but I'm happy to watch it on Amazon Prime.

I don't understand why the show is seemingly forgotten.  I've watched it through at least twice, and it's just one of my absolute favorite shows.

All the best shows get cancelled early.  It's like a requirement.  Max Headroom only got two seasons.  The words, "too smart" should probably never have to be uttered, and yet...there it is.

Goddamn, Emily Browning (Laura from American Gods) is cute.  I just love that elven, exotic look of her face.  (And the fact that she just spent the entire most recent episode braless didn't hurt.  Spinner!)

On 6/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, guzziguy said:

What I don't understand is how Supernatural got 13 seasons and Firefly only 1. :blink:

Supernatural aims pretty low compared to Firefly.

It was one of those Buffy wanna be's with small budgets that were perfectly happy to have small time ad sponsors. 

Firefly had some pretty nice effects and a primetime spot on Fox.

Those slots on the big networks (at least at that time) are fought over fiercely.