Post what you're watching

deepak

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the fight via FaceTime from Thailand (thanks to my dad - I also watched Pac Vs. Floyd that way).  Glad I didn't pay for the fight but Floyd is an over match to Cornor as it should be.  Both made shitload of cash.  Decent fight that got really good toward the end.  Thought that the ref ended the fight way too early.    

Edited by purk

7 minutes ago, purk said:

I watched the fight via FaceTime from Thailand (thanks to my dad - I also watched Pac Vs. Floyd that way).  Glad I didn't pay for the fight but Floyd is an over match to Cornor as it should be.  Both made shitload of cash.  Decent fight that got really good toward the end.  Thought that the ref ended the fight way too early.    

McGregor had no idea where he was, hadn't thrown a punch for a minute, wasn't defending himself, and couldn't lift his arms above his waist.  That's a standard stoppage in any legitimate boxing match. 

I love boxing.  I wish this fight had never happened.  Professional boxing at the international level hasn't had dignity for a long time.  Maybe September 16th will change that.

Edited by EdipisReks1

Oddly relevant, I watched One Punch Man recently. Really entertaining parody of superhero media, and has more than a few jabs at stuff like DBZ. As the name suggests, it's about a guy who can defeat anyone and anything with a single punch, which leads to him being very bored with life and generally oblivious to the seriousness of any situation around him.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Fitz said:

So he's bald and unfortunate looking, gotcha. You have to watch Tylor if you like One Punch Man though. It's an ongoing question whether he's just a lucky fool or the smartest man in the show.

Well, no, not "unfortunate", but he does have the generally ovaloid head, like it was drawn by a lazy artist.  But yes, bald.

So I'm lazy -- buy the DVD set for $30?

If it's not on any of the usual suspects for streaming, then yeah DVD is the best bet. Just get the TV series though, the OVA sequel isn't nearly as good, from what I recall.

Edit: It looks like the full series and OVA are officially on youtube for free from the american publisher, so no need to get the DVD necessarily.

Edited by Fitz
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...