Post what you're watching

deepak

So, Star Trek Discovery.  I went in with very low expectations.   I think the first episode was a waste of a primetime slot, and certainly was nothing more than a cash grab for CBS All Access, given the way it... ended? Did the episode end? My takeaway from the "transition" is that maybe those NCIS guys would deal with the Klingons.

Episode two was pretty good. It certainly makes some decisions that I wouldn’t have made, and it sure would be nice if someday, somewhere, somebody making Star Trek figures out how shields are supposed to work, but it’s pretty good. It’s definitely a Bryan Fuller show, and it will be interesting to see if that continues, given that he jumped ship (no pun intended) pretty early on. 

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic. I did rather enjoy that there was a nice little homage to Kirk talking computers to death, in the second episode (not much of a spoiler, that).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Bigguy said:

David Gilmour Live at Pompeii on Blu Ray

Hi Lloyd!

I'll check out those series on Netflix.

Once I finish the last season of Longmire (you might dig this series Tice) I'll be searching for the next thang.

I've been a fan of Longmire since it started on cable tv. I know it's not exactly the best of anything, but the main characters are just likeable I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished binging the German Netflix series "The DarK".

It is fantastic. The filming is just awesome. Now that I'm done with the first season, I want to watch it again just to check out some of the scenes.

The soundtrack from Ben Frost is pretty good although it's a little bit Johann Johannsson sound-a-like. 

One of the best Netflix sci fi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup, looking forward to the antics of those kooky Peaky Blinders! 

Love everything about that show.

Watched Godless on Rek's mention above. I thought it was excellent. Jeff Daniels is one of those actors that just seems to get better and better(er?). This is an excellent role for him.

Thanks Jacob!