Post what you're watching

deepak

Mosaic_Soderbergh_logo.png

Mosaic - via iOS app

It doesn't quite hit the mark for me and felt a little gimmicky, but I always really appreciate outside-of-the-box approaches even when they don't quite succeed. It is a very cool idea and the app format works a lot better than I thought it would. Bloomberg described it as an app version of "Sleep No More," and having seen Sleep while I lived in NYC I think that is a pretty good comparison.

HBO is making a linear version of it, but for me its the non-linear method that makes it fun.

Very worthwhile to check out, plus, it is free.

https://watchmosaic.com/

• Like 1

Just finished Altered Carbon.

Loved it!

It did have a couple of episodes that were pretty schizoid but IMHO confusing the reader/viewer is part of the genre (there always seems to be an undercurrent of distain for the casual viewer/reader but that is part of the "punk" part of cyberpunk).

I'd like to go back and really look at the visuals and listen to the sound now. But you know how that goes!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 1:24 PM, ironbut said:

I'd like to go back and really look at the visuals and listen to the sound now. But you know how that goes!

Yeah, I just watched it on my iPad, definitely need to give it a second viewing when it comes out on Blu-Ray (hopefully it does, streaming compression artifacts FTL, especially considering the budget -- I heard somewhere that it was the most expensive first season of a show since GoT, which is the high bar).

Triple 9

It's a personal favorite of mine for dirty cop movies (Casey Affleck, Anthony Mackie, Clifton Collins Jr. Gal Gadot, Kate Winslet, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Norman Reedus, Woody Harrelson, Aaron Paul).

Right up there or better than dirty cop flick Pride & Glory (Edward Norton, Colin Farrel, John Ortiz, Jon Voight, Frank Grillo).

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

The Crunchyroll Anime Awards

Now I have a couple anime to watch.  Made in Abyss, Land of the Lustrous, and Descending Stories... seem to be most my thing, and maybe a couple others.

Both Made in abyss and Land of the lustrous were surprisingly pretty good.

I had almost given up on modern anime due to everything being just ok at best, but now my interest has been reignited.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 4:01 AM, bjarnetv said:

Both Made in abyss and Land of the lustrous were surprisingly pretty good.

I had almost given up on modern anime due to everything being just ok at best, but now my interest has been reignited.

Yeah, I enjoyed both of those, let me know if there are any others of recent vintage that you’d recommend.  Going to try a few others.

14 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, I enjoyed both of those, let me know if there are any others of recent vintage that you’d recommend.  Going to try a few others.

i haven't really watched a whole lot of recent stuff (and enjoyed it), but both Youjo senki and Flip flappers were good (if flawed)

Youjo senki starts out pretty uninteresting (and ugly) but turns out to be pretty enjoyable.

Flip flappers starts out nice, but the ending episodes aren't too good.

Being an old robot fan i also liked gundam iron blooded orphans s1 a lot.

s2 was merely ok...

• Like 1

i've going through it 2-3 times. afterwards you can also watch the BB movie someone made by editing down the series. And the Better Call Saul prequel which will be back on TV soon
Waaat? I loved first season of Better Call Saul. Such a unique atmosphere and even lighting great to that show with interesting and unique dialog and situations. Was engulfed in that show but it's not for everyone. It's a prequel to breaking bad?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rfan8312 said:

Waaat? I loved first season of Better Call Saul. Such a unique atmosphere and even lighting great to that show with interesting and unique dialog and situations. Was engulfed in that show but it's not for everyone. It's a prequel to breaking bad?

I'm with you on Saul. BB is probably the superior series for most but I enjoyed Saul more. It has a lot of charm for what it is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Jessica Jones season 2 ...drinking whisky

An appropriate beverage for the experience. I am not sure if Jessica Jones or Daredevil is my favorite of these series. Will be watching tonight.

8 hours ago, TMoney said:

I'm with you on Saul. BB is probably the superior series for most but I enjoyed Saul more. It has a lot of charm for what it is.

I also agree with this. Better Call Saul is a totally enjoyable series.