Post what you're watching

deepak

9 hours ago, emelius said:

but above Sharp Objects...

I enjoyed Sharp Objects, but it is far from great. Loved the setting, loved some of the acting performances, but man the plot felt unsatisfying.

I hate mystery shows where they hold back essential clues until the final episode. I much prefer the Agatha Christie-type plot where all the clues are there early but putting them together is the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 7:45 PM, ironbut said:

Digging on "Babylon Berlin".

Originally in German, the netflix version I'm watching is english.

The sets are almost a extravagant as the plot, but the music,..

Check this out for a little taste.

You can watch it in German with subtitles on Netflix. Probably too late but that is how we watched it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Homecoming

Amazon brought another great podcast to video.

The awesome videography and vision of Sam Esmail (Mr Robot) and excellent acting from Julia Roberts and Stephan James really made this a treat for me.

IMHO Esmail is the king at enveloping the viewer in a construct at the drop of a hat.

I really loved the 1/2 hour format for this this story and all the little touches like the way they let the camera roll during each of the ending credits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Netflix).

A holiday present from the Coen brothers and (I believe) their first all digital production.

While I can't say that I loved all the chapters equally, it has their fingerprints all over it.

Our family fav Tom Waits has a great part in one of the chapters and the one that takes a journey west on a wagon train headed to the Willamette Valley (where I live now) were my personal keepers.

• Like 1

Do you remember this?

I found a DVD with a few chapters. I remember when I was a child. Although I could not understand it, I liked watching this serie. Today seeing it again and understanding it better, I think it's a wonder

450_1000.jpg

m_a_s_h_mash_tv_series-398951895-large.j

• Like 1

It's an American staple.  You might as well ask if we are "of a certain age".

I was kind of young, then.  I stopped watching when they got experimental (no laugh track, etc. -- last season, I believe).  Nowadays, I would probably embrace it and applaud them.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:01 PM, Voltron said:

I watched with subtitles and enjoyed it a lot overall. I happened on an episode with the dubbed dialog and it seemed lame. 

I must trust your judgement, as I never even tried the dub (and I usually do -- Buffy (the series) in Spanish is entertaining as all get-out -- even though I don't know an ounce of Spanish -- and there are several anime that are made to be watched both ways (Ghost in the Shell: Innocence is a slog with subtitles, as you spend most of the time reading, and a whimsical philosophical diatribe when watching the dub -- I.E. the dub is much more worthy of a watch).