Post what you're watching

deepak

On 4/29/2019 at 7:34 AM, blessingx said:

Anyone watch last nights stand alone episode of Barry? “ronny/lily” was surprisingly, possibly, more satisfying than GoT’s Battle Royale and I’m not particularly a fan of Barry. Pretty fun. 

60E2386C-7F84-4B10-8ABF-49B17BF349D4.jpeg

Absolutely amazing episode. I am going to have to watch again to soak it all in. Hilarious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the other end of the critical spectrum (from the likes of Fleabag and Chernobyl), I started watching Abyss on Netflix.

There are of course problems with it—they’re trying to portray the lead actress as plain looking, and she’s cute as hell, and the guy as ridiculously pretty, and he’s just another millennial, but the premise is interesting and that’s good enough for me.  Some of the scenes are pretty hilarious, like he’s magically pretty.

Chernobyl is totally chilling! 

Can't help but think what would happen to the world if that happened here (USA) and now!

Enjoyed watching Amy Adams destroy her "nice girl", Muppets Movie image in Sharp Objects. 

Not perfect but still quite a story IMHO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ironbut said:

Chernobyl is totally chilling! 

Can't help but think what would happen to the world if that happened here (USA) and now!

It also made me think quite a bit about Fukushima (although more limited in scope). More than a few similarities makes one wonder how far we’ve come (when things go really, unexpectedly bad). 

Also...

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/507277779/chernobyl-exclusion-zone/

Edited by blessingx

3 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

Finished "Good Omens" on Amazon Prime. It was pretty much everything I wanted as a fan of the book. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are so good together.

I love the book. I'm looking forward to watching it this week.

I finished Tuca and Bertie, today. I want more Tuca and Bertie!

On 5/30/2019 at 2:08 AM, MexicanDragon said:

Binge watched Catch-22 a few days ago. ... Now I'm going to have to catch the 1970 movie; I've heard good things.

I'm curious to see this. The old movie is pretty good, but not great. I've probably ready Catch-22 15 times at this point - usually what happens is I go looking for a quote, start reading, and realize I have read the whole thing again. If you haven't read it, I cannot recommend Something Happened enough.

• Like 3

Finished Chernobyl. What a pleasant (unpleasant?) surprise that was! The science seems rock solid as far as I could tell. I hate it when things get overly dumbed down, but that didn’t feel like an issue here. I don’t suspect there was much they had to fictionalize either.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

On the other end of the critical spectrum (from the likes of Fleabag and Chernobyl), I started watching Abyss on Netflix.

There are of course problems with it—they’re trying to portray the lead actress as plain looking, and she’s cute as hell, and the guy as ridiculously pretty, and he’s just another millennial, but the premise is interesting and that’s good enough for me.  Some of the scenes are pretty hilarious, like he’s magically pretty.

Okay, this is getting better and better as the series progresses.  I’m especially enjoying the dream sequence in ep. 9.  It’s got kind of a Joss Whedon thing going.  And I really like his character growth arc.

I wasn't aware this existed. Linking in case you weren't also. There's a weekly sister HBO Chernobyl podcast. As the show was about truth and some compromises had to done in the mini-series around facts, this is to explain those choices. It's actually more interesting that just that.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, blessingx said:

I wasn't aware this existed. Linking in case you weren't also. There's a weekly sister HBO Chernobyl podcast. As the show was about truth and some compromises had to done in the mini-series around facts, this is to explain those choices. It's actually more interesting that just that.  

I have been listening as well. It is quite good. Really interesting to hear a good storyteller discuss their craft.

• Like 1

Had a long weekend, and randomly started watching The Wire. I've never seen it, but I'm ~15 episodes in and loving it.

I've also started watching Letterkenny which is a pleasant surprise. I'm a couple seasons into that as well. Was funny enough after randomly sitting in on an episode that I watched 3, then went back to beginning to start it. It's a nice palate cleanser coming from The Wire. I also am interspersing with a pinch of How I Met Your Mother as I went to show a friend something from an episode, and then it just started playing, and I watched more of it.

Time for 3 more episodes of The Wire at 4am as I'm attempting to stay up the rest of the night.

• Like 1