Post what you're watching

deepak

seems like everyone in my world plans on getting around to watching The Mandalorian, eventually, but haven't...

I've tried to convince them that they will not possibly be able to avoid devastating spoilers from YouTube, SNL, merch etc., but they continue to resist...

so, ya...I guess all I'll say is that it feels starwarsy in the best (non-prequel, pre-re-edits) sense of the word & that someone's probably about to ruin the 1st season for you:)...

highly recommended...

• 2 weeks later...

250px-The_Witcher_Title_Card.png

First two episodes of Netflix's adaptation of "The Witcher" were pretty decent, to my surprise.

Yeah, it suffers from a basic cable-esque production budget and basic cable quality writing. Thankfully "The Witcher" has a different, eastern european twist on traditional western high fantasy tropes that make its world fun to inhabit.

• Thanks 1

Blade of the Immortal on Amazon Prime.  I read the manga way back when, and so far (1 episode in) it seems faithful to the original manga, down to the symbol on his robe, although smartly they play it down.  All I remember was that it starts out with the typical young-woman-hires-gruff-thug premise, and then creates the greatest long-running story arc out of it (it actually ends!).  What I forgot was how totally fucked up some things are.  They don’t shy away from that, or the blood.  The ultra-violence is tastefully and stylizedly rendered, just as I remember the manga doing.  I will have to go back and revisit to see if that was faithful or not.  But so far I am happy with the treatment.

Not for children or the squeamish.  Rape, carnage, things you can’t unsee, etc.  But the story makes it worth it.

Finally finished Strong Girl Bong-soon.  Pacing deteriorates significantly, the farther along one goes.  Egad.  Painful.

Lost in Space  season 2 — enjoying

Zoo — giving this a second chance, on the urging of my sister.  I’m really curious how they treat the good guy misanthrope character, Mitch.  A couple good lines so far, “I’m an acquired taste”, “I like people, I just prefer when they’re not around.”

Blade of the Immortal—yeah, they’re being extremely faithful.  It’s pretty brutal, though.  But ... ambitious.  In its “cinematography”, sound design, atmosphere, art direction, as well as everything else.  If you like anime and Kurosawa, you should probably give it a chance.  But this is more adult than Card Captor Sakura, this is probably more in the vein of Korean R-rated films like I Saw the Devil and Mother.

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy!"

IMG_0359.thumb.jpeg.9e3721637f4000c7976801a8670e3b1d.jpeg

Santa sure took care of me this year!

One of the craziest things about re-watching the old seasons on the cusp of 2020 is that back in 1990 no one had cell phones and almost no one in the show uses a computer.

How quickly things change. We are getting old!

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, TMoney said:

One of the craziest things about re-watching the old seasons on the cusp of 2020 is that back in 1990 no one had cell phones and almost no one in the show uses a computer.

How quickly things change. We are getting old!

We are certainly getting old and congrats on the discs, but to be fair, most TV and movie characters still don't use the internet. Writers haven't found their footing in the world of instantaneous knowledge. ? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...