Post what you're watching

deepak

On 11/29/2020 at 6:14 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

Any recommendations on how to watch The Mandalorian?  It’s not on Netflix nor Amazon Prime.

I'm a couple of weeks into a month-ish sub for Disney+ (just the Disney $7 part).

I wasn't exactly crazy about the first couple of episodes of Mandalorian but by the end of the 2-8 episode seasons, I was sold!

Very true to the Star Wars world and lots of great guest actors and fx.

The episodes are uneven so there are a few that I wasn't that crazy about but there were 4 directors so I wasn't that surprised.

There were a few that really made me sit back and grin.

If you're a Star Wars diehard like me, The Clone Wars cgi series is great for back stories.

They can be very uneven too but as the series goes along (there are 123, 30 minute episodes) the animation gets to a very high standard for a commercial show (if you can excuse the "will cgi ever make hair not look like a helmet" problem).

Anywho, I've always appreciated your music recommendations so I thought I'd give you my 2 cents on Disney+.

• Like 1

Ice Cold Murders (sorry, couldn't find a clip).

Great Italian detective series that's free with Prime till Feb 1.

There are 2 -12 episode series and I haven't watched anything else since I stumbled across this (almost done with season 1).

I'm a big fan of "who done its"  so take that into account.

I believe there are more seasons and I guess they are waiting for them to appear on Starz (Amazon says Masterpiece).

Anywho, I love-love-love this one so give it a try while it's free.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star Trek: Discovery (standard CBS) - excellent homage to the classic franchise, with a fresh take (it's a prequel). Not sure if it's enough to make me subscribe to CBS All-Access for the rest though (maybe binge S2 & 3 using a free trial?)

Miss Scarlet and the Duke on Masterpiece (PBS) - we are both liking this show. Easy watch. Recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stayed up waaay to late last night and watched season 1 of Shetland.  (It's only two episodes.)

jCvhSEV.jpg

Shetland is a fascinating part of the world for me.  It's halfway between Scotland and the Nordic countries geographically and culturally.  The accents are as thick as a pony's mane, so all praise to subtitles.  The end of season 1 kind of fell apart (as many made for TV tales have a tendency to do) but I quite liked everything leading up to it.

• Like 3