Post what you're watching

deepak

I finally got around to giving Apple Tv+ a try and I'm loving Servant.

I don't know if I'd say that the acting is top notch but the casting and the quirky characters all the principles have applied to their parts really tickles me in all the right spots (particularly Rupert Grint and Lauren Ambrose who I love-love-loved in Six Feet Under).

If you haven't grabbed your 1 week freebie, give it a try.

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

The Fall - on Amazon Prime

The_Fall_(TV_Series).png

So Fiona Apple named her latest album after a line from this show. She is a pretty damn smart woman so I figured if she enjoyed the show it can't be that bad, right?

Turns out Ms. Apple lead me down a good path! The Fall is a super-tense, deliberately paced police procedural set in Belfast. I finished the first series (season) and I'm hooked.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No reason for anyone to watch these unless it's already in your history (I know so for some members) or you're curious of Star Trek alternatives. Important to remember Martin Landau rejected being Spock to take over this "Kirk". 

The much bigger change was UFO to Space:1999. 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1

Giri/Haji  ( 義理/恥)

"Smart, suspenseful, and superbly shot, Giri/Haji is a near-perfect crime thriller with a surprisingly sharp sense of humor."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giri/Haji

Because:

We'd just finished Line Of Duty S6 

(which is now available on Britbox) which is well worth a watch 

When Youtube suggested this interview ...

Which got me intrigued in Giri/Haji, so we watched it.

I'm very glad we did.  Check out the comments on the YouTube trailer to see the impression it made on other people.

Well worth your time to watch (IMHO).

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 2

Hacks.

Jean Smart is on fire right now, with two series currently running. She's great in Mare of Easttown, and after just watching episode #1of Hacks, I'm all in. Having lived and worked in Vegas (OK, back when Robert Urich played Dan Tanna and Lou Ferrigno played the Hulk), I'm enjoying the "Vegas" lifestyle humor even more.

Absolutely worth a watch.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Hacks.

Jean Smart is on fire right now, with two series currently running. She's great in Mare of Easttown, and after just watching episode #1of Hacks, I'm all in. Having lived and worked in Vegas (OK, back when Robert Urich played Dan Tanna and Lou Ferrigno played the Hulk), I'm enjoying the "Vegas" lifestyle humor even more.

Absolutely worth a watch.

Anyone else watching Mare? I’m caught up with it but I’m not sure if it is a good show or just addictive with the darn cliffhangers and the whodunit?

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 3:10 AM, Grahame said:

Giri/Haji  ( 義理/恥)

"Smart, suspenseful, and superbly shot, Giri/Haji is a near-perfect crime thriller with a surprisingly sharp sense of humor."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giri/Haji

Because:

We'd just finished Line Of Duty S6 

(which is now available on Britbox) which is well worth a watch 

When Youtube suggested this interview ...

Which got me intrigued in Giri/Haji, so we watched it.

I'm very glad we did.  Check out the comments on the YouTube trailer to see the impression it made on other people.

Well worth your time to watch (IMHO).

started watching Giri/Haji last night.  Good recommend...thank you, Grahame!

HS

and I am enjoying Mare, TMoney.

• Like 1