Post what you're watching

deepak

anyone here who considers themselves a cinema buff must see Come and See. thanks, whoever suggested it!

I though that fell on deaf ears. I'm glad you watched and liked it. That movie succeeds at everything I noticed that it attempted and it attempted a lot. It's one of the few movies that I"ve ripped to my hard drive that I plan on keeping there and may even buy. The only thing that's stopping me is that the copy I saw was pan and scan and I can't find one that is anamorphic wide screen. Perhaps I'll make it my first blu ray purchase whenever it comes out in that format if ever.

123-2.jpg

yes, it was you! i am watching it for the second time, today. i consider myself a bit of a cinema scholar (i've taken every class on film UC offers, and i've basically taught half of them), and my senior thesis for my history bachelors was on Indian empire film of the 1920-40's. i'm ashamed i hadn't heard of this, especially since i'm a fan of soviet cinema.

I really am glad you liked it. It has become one of my favorite movies. You should netflix Inland Empire if you'd like another recommendation. It is another visceral experience and the only other movie I've seen this year that blew me away. If you don't like david lynch you probably won't like this movie however. This is his first movie where he makes a truly abstract expressionist film. It is also filled with his non sequitur humor which rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Mother of god! Netflix just skipped over all my blu ray movies again! has anybody had this happen to them? They're all available "now" and in the top positions but netflix just goes right past them and on to the first available DVD. Is there a way to stop this from happening. I've tried removing them from my queue and then reselecting them. I've tried turning off the blu ray auto selection and then turning it back on. What the flip is going on here!?!?!?

I'm not familiar with NetFlix, so please take my guessing as just that:

Is it possible you have some setting in your profile that says you can't play BluRay disks, and that's why they're not sending them to you?

No, you have to set you account to automatically send you blu-ray disks from the movies you select if they're available. So lest say I queue the movie 300, it's available on blu-ray and DVD. I just click the add button and then since my account is set to blu0ray then they'll send me that type of disk. If i didn't have my account set up for blu-ray disks then I would just receive the DVD.

Reks, did you ever get into Werner Herzog's films? If you haven't then i highly recommend Aguirre: Wrath of God and this my personal favorite of mine Heart of Glass. Heart of Glass was filmed while the entire cast was under hypnosis. It's truly a unique movie, however I must concede that Wrath of God is a superior film.