deepak

Post what you're watching

Silly, but a lot of fun so far (I think I stopped watching TV during these years):

81RwcJc3xUL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure I dismissed it as dork fantasy in 2007. Finishing the first disc of Season 1 and the show's writing has surprised me with its combo of smarts, humor, and sheer entertainment value. And Sarah in her underwear... less surprising with each episode, but much appreciated nonetheless.

Something else I noticed recently... when I'm reading Wikipedia entries on older tv shows, a lot of them are starting to mention the soundtracks getting pulled or replaced due to music rights. That's one reason I prefer to watch some things on disc instead of streaming.

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

Several episodes of Am I Bill Bailey?  Produced by Edgar Wright and featuring guest appearances by Simon Pegg.

He's a pretty freakin' brilliant musician.  I hear Vienna, We Are Family, Lady in Red, Bela Lugosi's Dead, I Will Survive, Eye of the Tiger, I Will Always Love You, Paradise City, I'm So Excited, and I don't know if I missed any (starts at 25:22) :

And this bit, which starts shortly after the 10 minute mark, had me laughing hard.  It basically answers the question, does humor belong in music:

Happy!

Best show ever

So fucked up

Violence and gore and drugs and sex and an animated children’s show character imaginary friend (voiced by Patton Oswalt) and some brilliant writing

EDIT:  oooooooh, it's based on a Grant Morrison graphic novel, now everything makes sense.