What are you MOWING right now?

postjack

Ugh. I weed-whacked the back 40 two days ago. I actually started it several weeks before, but house repairs and a trip to MV, not to mention this endless rain kept me from resuming it. I was chopping down weeds nearly as tall as I am. An alarming number of them were wooden at the bottom, which wreaked havok with my weed whacker. I don't use a line head, I have one that has three plastic blade. I went through two sets this year so far. I'm going to have to go back out there with a hand saw and take out a few dozen would-be saplings.

There was more than a little poison ivy out there, and even though I showered immediately after I finished, using Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, I still have a few itchty spots on my arm. Truth is, I'm rather lucky that's all I got. Home ownership is overrated. Land ownership, even more so. >:(

I haven't mowed the lawn since I was a kid. I told my wife that I wouldn't buy a house until I knew that I could pay someone to take care of the lawn. She agreed and 17 years ago we bought a house.

Damn Nate, 3 hours. Think of how soldering you could be doing. I bet you could have had a Beta 22 done in that time. :)

• 2 years later...