What do you use to download and play MP3s on an iPhone in 2020

Voltron

Maybe I'm mistaken but iTunes doesn't exist in the form you're thinking of. Apple Music is a pay service, and the iTunes Store is part of that. There is a "Music" app on the phone and you can play music that is downloaded but I'm not sure if you can add to that library without connecting to a computer. Just never do this anymore.

I use Tidal on my iPad all the time, and I do indeed select "download for offline listening" all the time, she can do that with both albums and playlists.  Do you have a Tidal family plan or whatever it is, that includes Claire?  I do that all the time -- purchase via Bandcamp (just to support the artist directly), but then listen via Tidal (because it's easier, and I do most of my listening via Tidal all the time).  That said, Love is the King doesn't appear to be on Tidal yet, so...never mind.  Sorry.

I have Cubasis, so when I try to open an mp3, it tries to open in Cubasis, so I should probably just stop talking.

Oh, look, there's a foobar2000 app.  That's what I am doing.

If she has an iCloud account, she could upload the .mp3 files to iCloud Drive. Then, if she is also logged into iCloud on her iPhone, she should be able to open the files using Files on her iPhone.

Alternatively, I think you can still import those music files into the Music app on a Mac computer (still iTunes on a PC), then sync with the iPhone over USB or wi-fi.

• Like 2

I started setting up Foobar2000, and there’s actually a step for synchronizing your collection.  TuneFUsion (or FTP, lollers).  I already have foobar2000 set up, so it’s a no-brainer for me how I’m going to do it. You can also drop the files in the foobar2000 folder or your iPod folder.  Does she have an app called “iTunes Store”?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, swt61 said:

I believe that Amazon music let's you store your own music files in your cloud locker.

There's always the chance that I'm mistaken. 

They do

At least she is using Itunes.  My wife is trying to figure out how to play CD's

Edited by sbelyo

• 3 months later...