4-pin male xlr question

NotoriousBIG_PJ

I actually thought that the Vampire XLRconnectors that I came into contact with (fixed a cable for someone) were pieces of junk. Neutriks, while not the most pretty (although I'd argue that point as well), are friggen bullet proof and cheap to boot. Maybe GE can weigh in on this since I'm guessing that he would be a solid source of this type of info.

What do you guys think about the botique level stuff like the Xhadow and Furutech?

All I know is that I have a damn hard time paying ~$70 for a connector when the $4 alternate seems to be plenty well made. It'd be one thing if the Neutrik connectors felt like shit or something, but my experience is actually the opposite with some of the "higher-end" connectors feeling crappier than the Neutriks. And there's also the problem that is I don't think either Xhadow or Furutech makes a 4 pin XLR

You are all right. The only 4-Pin XLRs I know of are made by the likes of Neutrik. It is not a typical "Audiophile" standard plug so no company has ventured out that way yet. To be honest I am surprised that there are even options when it comes to 1/4" plugs from the likes of Furutech, Cardas and Vampire.... not that those aren't just rebranded products from China anyway.

Gold Neutrik should do you just fine. The silver is a bit more open and detailed while the gold seems to be a bit warmer and darker... though I am not sure if the 4-Pin comes in anything but gold.