Darth Beyer Repair, make my decision, win 1$

MexicanDragon

Which route should I take?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which route should I take?

• Buy 1 dt770-250 ohm driver to replace the one, fix it myself (with help) or send it to a DIY guy to do it for me
    • Same as above, but send it to larry.
    • Send to Larry to redriver both sides with 80 ohm drivers (many people consider these superior). This will be a little $$$ out of pocket for me, but have virtually new DB's for a very reasonable price.
    • Trade them "as-is" for a nice little source, then work on getting a decent home amp for my HF-1'
    • Other

Ok, I hate making decisions, and I hate having broken headphones.

There is a bit of a rattle in the right side of my maple Darth Beyers. I'm thinking it is either a driver, a hair, or (doubtful, but maybe) a slight defect in the wooden cup assembly. I have a few options, as the seller has reimbursed me a very reasonable amount to go towards rectifying my problem.

Option 1: Buy 1 dt770-250 ohm driver to replace the one, fix it myself (with help) or send it to a DIY guy to do it for me

Option 2: Same as above, but send it to larry.

Option 3: Send to Larry to redriver both sides with 80 ohm drivers (many people consider these superior). This will be a little $$$ out of pocket for me, but have virtually new DB's for a very reasonable price.

Option 4: Trade them "as-is" for a nice little source, then work on getting a decent home amp for my HF-1's

If I choose your opinion, and you are the first one who says it (or maybe everyone), i'll paypal you 1$, or not, we'll see.

Thanks for the help guys.

**BRENT**

Just to let you guys know, I've already talked to larry, and pretty much, these are the options he through out. We know something is wrong, (the seller and I), and he has made it right. I hear that re-doing the driver would be easy, but I think I'd rather pay to have a pro do it. By pro, I mean someone who's may, I don't know, removed and replaced a driver before, or at least soldered. I know it probably wouldn't be that hard, but I've run back and forth with larry on a few different options, and pretty much, they're laid out.

I'm worried about the 1 driver replacement option, mismatched drivers and whatnot. I hear the 80 ohm ones are better, but I've not heard 'em, I don't know. Anyways... I'll make a decision one of these days.

**BRENT**