The Addams Family v. The Munsters

blessingx

In case anyone else's mind recently went from Gilligan's Island's sexuality to The Addams Family, you may enjoy the below historical ping-pong of the two monster families.  I thought one was a copycat of the other, but it's more complicated. 

https://decider.com/2019/10/14/addams-family-vs-the-munsters-which-came-first/

MunvAdds.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both shows have a special place in my heart!

I watched the Addams in first run with my family but The Munsters were considered too silly to be a family institution I'm guessing.

I rewatched every episode at least once during a phase when my buddies and I would waste away the afternoon smoking pot and avoiding anything that remotely resembled responsibility!

Gilligan and Hogan's Heros were up there too.

I recognize many of your memories are from the shows, which were well into syndication by the time i got to them, but for me the Addams Family was the 1991 movie.  While I recognize this may be seen as heresy, can you fault me for preferring Anjelica Huston?

Edited by Sherwood
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sherwood said:

While I recognize this may be seen as heresy, can you fault me for preferring Anjelica Huston?

As an older male I can appreciate her acting and she played the role VERY well.

As a younger male (at the time) I still loved Carolyn Jones 😊 (and I thought she played the role well, too)

• 1 month later...